• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy chain rivet spinner/punch tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
in search of a good cheap used setup for occasional use or recommendations for a new one, currently i am trying to resist buying one from harbor freight in hopes of finding a good ole used version.

I was looking at the combo tool setups because of cost alone, I am grateful for your offer and also curious what they look like since I am unable to locate images on the internet after trying to search for them.

Here’s an old pic of it, this style needs a lower-profile anvil than the Oregon version. I seem to recall that it was made by Windsor but branded by Stihl, or something like that.
View attachment 938319

I think you're right - I remember having one like that on the shelf when I started at a dealership in 2001. We could order parts for them from the distributor (Rick Barbaro in Springfield) that sold all the Windsor stuff (bars, chain, sprockets, etc.)

Do you Think one of the screw adjustable anvils would work with it? or do i need to find the special thin version? or possibly grind the oregon offering down? Im assume the anvil has grown legs

I have the Stihl spinner to go with it…though I can’t be as generous as slasher.
Yeah, I got lucky and picked it up for $5 or so at a thrift store before I had any idea what was what when it came to saws and saw accessories.

edit: @cookies it did not come with an anvil (though the anvil might have been hiding somewhere in the bin) I have a screw type anvil and (provided it’s the same style you’re thinking of) it will not work. You might grind down the Oregon version, or there is a “Stihl chain breaker” on eBay that appears to be a Stihl anvil, but idk if it will fit this breaker. You could message the seller and ask, though.

Back