Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent 4 yrs clearing nice big reds for those blue gum plantations in all those areas you mention, i gotta find the photos and scan them. most of it is still stacked in piles feeding white ants shame really there was some beautifull timber in there, good old tree huggers stuff everything.

i have a few of those big buggers to mill up when i get a saw that is big enough for the job . i think my 034 might struggle a bit ,but a big saw is on my wish list

My latest saw, 75cc built in the mid 70s,
LHLarge-10.jpg

RHLarge-9.jpg

That is a very interesting saw,did you have to go through it too or was it that nice when you got it?Is this "Atom" the same manufacturer that developed and sold the ignition modules?

That is a very interesting saw,did you have to go through it too or was it that nice when you got it?Is this "Atom" the that developed and sold the ignition modules?

Yes,the same manufacturer, I only had to clean the carby it's only done a few hours work, runs like new.

finally got the 880 dirty, the tree i planned to cut up turned out to be solid and good for milling so i set it aside and found this nice old dirty tree laying on the edge of the creek. and to finish the day a nice old mine spike

finally got the 880 dirty, the tree i planned to cut up turned out to be solid and good for milling so i set it aside and found this nice old dirty tree laying on the edge of the creek. and to finish the day a nice old mine spike

looks like you hit the side of the spike, how's your chain?

it was a brand new square skip chain, it dont look good at all now. first time id used it, was screamin like a cut cat when i hit that. lucky me trailer was full spat the dummy and sulked home:cry:

I'm posting these here because that are not that useful anywhere else.

I borrowed an infrared camera from work and was interested in trying to see what the temperatures on the bar and chain might be when milling.

Here is an infrared pic of the whole bar/chain from underneath before any milling. The temperature scale is in ºC and indicative only (this bit is appearing hotter than that bit etc)
attachment.php

Here it is in normal daylight.
attachment.php

The problem with measuring shiny metal is it reflects the heat from the objects around it so you don't really know what its temps are. Then there is something called emissivity which screws things around.

Here is a close up of the bar and chain after it has been cutting for a few minutes.
It's a bit of a mess since you can see some of the chain links on the back of the bar are reflecting the heat from the muffler.
attachment.php

I thought the most interesting picture this camera too was of our dog!
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back