Cheap bar oil at Blain's FF.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mystic was~$4.00 gallon a coupple years ago, with free shipping over $100.00. Think I got 16 gallons at the time, have a case or two kicking around yet. Bit thinner then some oil, but never noticed any performance difference from the pro line or tsc brand oil I was running at the time.

TSC here was on sale for 4.49 down from regular price of 7.49.

They said they were going through 100's at a time then have to restock.

One guy I know made 3 trips.
Tried that at my local tsc, showed them the thread, and their price matching policy and still couldn't get them to price match. Claimed it was a regional thing, and they wouldn't price match. $8.99 on the shelf.

I only have 1 or 2 gallons left from the 20 gallons I snagged 10 years ago and need to get more for the coming year. Still have tons of stuff to cut/pile/burn and it takes a lot of oil cutting stuff smaller so it burns better.
got ff and tsc 20 miles from us here. might have to take time off and see if they have anything.

I run the Mystik now (thanks to forum members advice), actually had to turn the STIHL oiler down from Wide-F'n-Open to 2/3, or if limbing 1/2 max., otherwise a 3/8" .063" bar clogs with sawdust and the saw is dripping wet. (Apparently, "not enough" or "too much" oil and sawdust sticks in the bar groove, "just right" allows chips to slide out--at least in my main saws.)

Mystik viscosity is between STIHL Summer and Winter, tackiness is "pretty good" in my opinion, certainly good enough with a fairly open oiler setting.

Tried that at my local tsc, showed them the thread, and their price matching policy and still couldn't get them to price match. Claimed it was a regional thing, and they wouldn't price match. $8.99 on the shelf.
That must suk.

OH and MI buy buy buy. That cart is friend in MI

Attachments

• tscbox.jpg
    tscbox.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 0

I'll have to check that out. There is a TSC store about 6 miles from me in Dundee, Michigan. Not that I need any but that price is inviting. One thing about bar oil and that is, unopened, it never spoils. Think I have about 10 gallon jugs in the supply room presently as well as 5 gallons of Echo Red Armor 50-1 canned gas. Stuff seems to last a long time, not opened but I'll be using a bit as I winterize my gas powered equipment. I drain out the pump gas, refill the tanks with Red Armor and run them to get the weasel pee out of the carbs and intakes and shut them off for the winter and they start right up in the spring. Better than adding Marine Stabil to the gas and hoping. They all reside in the big equipment barn with no heat, all winter. Same with the tractors and all the hay tools.

The mystic was~$4.00 gallon a coupple years ago, with free shipping over $100.00. Think I got 16 gallons at the time, have a case or two kicking around yet. Bit thinner then some oil, but never noticed any performance difference from the pro line or tsc brand oil I was running at the time.
Is the mystic stuff red?
The cheapest oil I can get out here is The Mystic or Harvest King. Both are around $12 a gallon give or take.

Our TSC has gallons on sale for $12.99, down from $14.99. Pretty extreme regional variation.

I have 6 cases :p

Back