• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Cheap/beat up milling setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Want to play with milling some stuff, but know I'll get bored of it in a month, so am hoping maybe someone has an old bare and chain with almost no life left in them that you'd normally feel guilty about selling! Maybe you have a smaller setup you out grew? Or maybe just a 30" bar and some skip chain ? Large mount husky computable and cheap are my only real requirements.

Want to play with milling some stuff, but know I'll get bored of it in a month, so am hoping maybe someone has an old bare and chain with almost no life left in them that you'd normally feel guilty about selling! Maybe you have a smaller setup you out grew? Or maybe just a 30" bar and some skip chain ? Large mount husky computable and cheap are my only real requirements.
Once you start milling and making usable wood for your projects, you're going to want to make more. Getting bored won't be in the equation anymore. You'll be longing for nice weather to do more milling or creating more projects to make use of your setup. Start with a small chainsaw mill, a good used saw with a 20" bar and a milling chain and then ease yourself into it. If you're handy enough, look into the DIY chainsaw mills and make your own out of scrap metal. Anyone I know that has a chainsaw mill wants to keep using theirs but you can keep looking, you might find someone willing to part with theirs, if they are on their death bed.

Might be right, but my yard is FILLED with abandoned projects, I've learned when not to spend the money ahead of time lol. Even just an oversized bar and ripping chain would have my interest, I can make a basic mill myself easy enough

Back