Cords Burned

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're getting better at the manipulation of levels and contrast, John. Here's about as good as one can do. It ends up being a depth of field issue along with that window at the back.

Hey Doug, thanks for the picture! That was the best time I have ever had in N.H. and although I cant speak for Robert, I know he feels the same way. What a blast, now that I have recovered enough to look back on it. The fun never stops!
Thanks again Doug!
MoFo

Its funny... I am using the "roll " of the tongue when i read these posts..any of you who have talked to JL will know exactly what I mean...

-"would you like a beverage laddie?"

-"Oh I see...terminating the converrrrrsation..."

I burn about 6 full cords a year in a forced air wood furnace. This suppliments my heat bill. Cause of work i cannot burn full time.

This year I have oak, maple and lots of elm. Most of it piled in the back yard. It has to get cold so I have a reason to go cut!

I guess we go through about 4 cords....since I've taken over the 'firewood' chore...it's been almost exclusively hedge (osage orange)....it burns so hot, and leaves very little ash so it's worth it to me to scout it out. We burn a bit of oak, cherry, hackberry, in the day.......and the cedar's been good for kindling, I keep it in the house by the insert (our sole source of heat), it's one wood I don't feel is likely harboring bugs. We have an adapter to run the blower off of a car battery if the power fails.

I've got stockpiles of hedge in the woods from last year...green and sappy in this image, but I'm sure perfect to burn now.

It takes about 25 cords to feed this monster per year (winter only)
I heat about 15,000 sq. with my shop and house

Oh, that beautiful snow! I dread it and love it at the same time. Last winter I asked my neice and nephew if they'd like to ride in the snow plow, when they asked "what's a snow plow?" (They're from southern California) I knew they had to come along.

Latest posts

Back