Did I Pay too Much for This Job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Bunions

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people got mad because I thought it was unreasonable to ask for a thousand dollars to drop a tree and then leave. Maybe I can make them happy by relating a positive story about a tree service.

My neighbor has a land-clearing business complete with big wheel loaders. A big oak fell across my driveway during Milton, making it impossible to use the driveway to leave the house. It was maybe 80 feet tall and around 20" thick at chest height.

The morning after Milton, I went outside to relieve myself because there was no power to my pump, and I saw my neighbor in my gate with a diesel forestry grapple. Before I even said hi, he started asking where he should cut the tree, and he wanted to know if it was okay to shove it into my yard, off the driveway.

Hell yes it was okay.

I told him I would go inside and get dressed, and he said he would probably be done before I came back. He was correct.

I had to buck and move this tree and a couple of others myself with my compact Kubota, but my neighbor made a big difference.

I told him to feel free to ask for help with any welding or machining jobs he might have.

He has two gates on our private road, and oaks nailed both of them. What luck.

Back