Dilemma....Echo 70cc vs Clone 90cc saw. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redmax makes a better trimmer IMO.
A 372xp OE with a low top cover is one sexy looking saw.
Redmax is a unicorn where I live. I imagine they are strato design, being Redmax. The echos are just straight 2 strokes, still. But I’ve no experience with modern Redmax.

The OE comes with a low top. The filter leaves a lot to be desired though. I converted mine to a high top for better filtration… and it is better. I personally like the hightop look.

Redmax is a unicorn where I live. I imagine they are strato design, being Redmax. The echos are just straight 2 strokes, still. But I’ve no experience with modern Redmax.

The OE comes with a low top. The filter leaves a lot to be desired though. I converted mine to a high top for better filtration… and it is better. I personally like the hightop look.
Redmax have been strato for at least 15-20 years. They are the ones who patented most of the technology related to strato charging, autotune/mtronic, etc. I've owned them since the beginning and they are stone reliable and trouble free. I would never go back to a traditional two stroke trimmer or blower at this point. The stratos are much cleaner, get much better fuel economy and have more torque.
Every 372 I owned came with the high top besides the XPG models. The low top makes the saw look much smaller. When I logged I mostly used the high tops. But the 2 XPG's I owned worked fine with the flocked filter. I wouldn't run a mesh filter on anything, ever.

Redmax have been strato for at least 15-20 years. They are the ones who patented most of the technology related to strato charging, autotune/mtronic, etc. I've owned them since the beginning and they are stone reliable and trouble free. I would never go back to a traditional two stroke trimmer or blower at this point. The stratos are much cleaner, get much better fuel economy and have more torque.
Every 372 I owned came with the high top besides the XPG models. The low top makes the saw look much smaller. When I logged I mostly used the high tops. But the 2 XPG's I owned worked fine with the flocked filter. I wouldn't run a mesh filter on anything, ever.
I’ve never run Redmax. I wish I had local Redmax options, but right now I don’t even use trimmers. Last one I had was an Echo 2620T. It was powerful and had a good engine but the vibes kinda sucked, if I’m honest.

Most 372 offerings in the states all came with high tops. The OE’s that come out of the factory now come with low top filter, and open port muffler. Mine was a 22 build, and is sublime.

I’ve never run Redmax. I wish I had local Redmax options, but right now I don’t even use trimmers. Last one I had was an Echo 2620T. It was powerful and had a good engine but the vibes kinda sucked, if I’m honest.

Most 372 offerings in the states all came with high tops. The OE’s that come out of the factory now come with low top filter, and open port muffler. Mine was a 22 build, and is sublime.
What do you mean by open port muffler?

Latest posts

Back