Dilemma....Echo 70cc vs Clone 90cc saw. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bwalker said...

"The truth is, saws are, all things considered a cheap hobby for most of us."

Ain't that the everlovin' truth!!

O.K.... Hands up, how many don't bat an eye over dropping 40 K + on a new pick em up truck, but wring their hands over a difference of a couple of hundred bucks or less, between two saws? " .. C'mon.. really, if you're cutting for bucks, a couple of hundred bucks is irrelevant ... get what cuts fast , balanced against what feels best in your hands. Taking down small stuff? Sure the Echo 590 would be faster that the 355T, but for me, I'd rather have the light weight of the 355T, than the speed of the Timber Wolf, if cutting all day.

Personally, I've never been disappointed, when I've bought ( arguably ), the best. I bought a high end Harmon Kardon stereo, decades ago. The cost of ownership for something I truly enjoyed was around 5 cents an hour, or less.

My "other" favourite for stuff is " great bang for the buck ".. which would explain my new Echo purchases :) . It would also explain buying my classic Stihl saws from Municipal auctions, for example, a perfect running 362 for $125.00 CDN. My Av 038 was under $100.00 CDN., also from a municipal auction.

Yup, for sure, right now I have about 9 saws, down from 15 -16 when I was working and then downsized when retiring. Realistically, I could get by with three, or maybe four... But, as I can easily afford to indulge what is now a hobby, Why would I.
40K is damn cheap for a truck now days.
I know of a guy that just bought a king ranch superduty diesel. No idea what He paid, but I woukd guess the sticker.price was in the 90k range. Yet the cheap wastage is running a clapped out 044 with a chicom short block and few other misc pieces.

Back