Does bar length affect saw value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bar on a 372XP for highest resale value?

• 24"

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 28"

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Gomofast

Just a guy that loves chainsaws
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
About to sell a 372XP. It's currently just a powerhead, so I'm going to put on a new bar/chain before selling. Debating whether to put on a 24" or 28" bar. The cost isn't much different, so it really comes down to what will get me the best price when I sell the saw. Would a clean 372XP with a 28" bar sell for more than the same saw with a 24" bar?

Depends on location. Around here, a 24" would probably be more popular. Out west the 28" probably wins out.

I would sell PHO with an option of the bar/chain you have or would note on the for sale listing that I would install a bar/chain of their choosing for an extra charge...

Seeing you are out east I think the 24" might be better. Its a length that both short bar, and long bar guys wont be totally oposed to. To me, so long as the bar is of a reasonable size it wont affect what I'm willing to pay, but when I see something like an 18" bar on a 60-70cc saw it may as well be PHO. The only use I really have for that bar is to pay it forward... stick it on a saw I'm selling just to get rid of it.

Bar makes no difference to me. I'd prefer PHO. Many if not most on here have plenty of their own. Unless it is something special like a 42 inch hard nose going with a 084.

All the local 372's have 16-20 inch bars. 20 is considered long in these parts, the local dealers have a bunch of 16 inch bar/chains in stock all the time but nothing over 20 inch.
The woods are kinda flat and the trees mostly small so long bars are just not needed and get in the way most of the time.
From time to time you have to cut a tree from both sides but it's not like you have to do it every tree.

Back