Dolmar 7900 Coil Limiter... Why

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why does Dolmar use a limited coil? They think someone is going to hold one WOT and blow it up?

If you can set it up take it to a friend if can't help you take it to a dealer. Most saws when they run too lean lack power also.

If can't set up a saw....suck it up and take it to someone who can.

If you still try and it poops the bed then you deserve what you get!!!

I have done a google search and as of now there does not seem to be an unlimited coil available.

The question I have is : Is the limited coil part of an effort to meet EPA regs, or is there some other reason?

It seems to me that the limited coil keeps the saw from developing full power, but I might not understand the process.

Wish I knew the reason, and I am sure a lot of the guys here do know the reason.. Thanks

Dolmar does not want to have to replace as many crank sets and bearings in the 6400 series as Husqvarna did in the 365 series. Dolmar watched and learned. That is why Stihl just make slow saws.:poke:

Dolmar does not want to have to replace as many crank sets and bearings in the 6400 series as Husqvarna did in the 365 series. Dolmar watched and learned. That is why Stihl just make slow saws.:poke:

Legendary comment right there :popcorn:

That answers another question that was on my mind.

Since I joined this forum, I have learned a lot from the good folks here. One thing I learned was that I needed to get off my butt and learn how to tune my saws. I have learned to do it with a lot of help from a good friend.

But... trying to tune the 7900 with a tach, the RPM are just jumping all over. 9000, 12000. maybe back to something in between. My friend tunes by ear, but I have too much of a hearing loss to do that.

If the tach is jumping that means its on the limiter.
When its a bit richer the tach will hold fairly steady.

If you can set it up take it to a friend if can't help you take it to a dealer. Most saws when they run too lean lack power also.

If can't set up a saw....suck it up and take it to someone who can.

If you still try and it poops the bed then you deserve what you get!!!

I hear ya on that. I'll get some help. saws too expensive to do otherwise.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back