Dolmar 7900 Report = NICE!, AMICK'S Rave too...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people want the pie split up equally.

Other's want the pie to grow and are less concerned about someone's slice because if the pie grows big enough, every-body's slice gets bigger.

ya, i guess the internet is only big enough for 1.
if the man was not concerned, why did he get up in the mans bizzness when he should have been looking at his own? very telling if you ask me or even if you dont.

Here's what I know

I, admittedly am the new kid on the block and youall may not even want to hear what I have to say but, I think it is stupid to not have online sales.
Henry Ford was a much smarter man than I and for a time he lost money on the sale of every model "T". When asked why, his statement was something to the effect of "Give the cars away, we make our money on the replacement parts". I am going to have a Dolmar (preferrably Makita) saw pretty soon and will probably buy it online. For everyday parts however, I will use the dealer that is 20 miles away from my home.
I would love to buy the saw from him but he isn't even close to being competetive in price, and really doesn't know his product as well as he should to be a dealer. For the extraordinary parts I will probably try to use Tony to make up somewhat for the screwing he got from Dolmar and others while he was promoting the product they sell. More saws in users hands= more parts sold, seems pretty simple to me!
Mike

Just curious as to why people bash Dolmar and Husqvarna for not wanting internet sales but they commend Stihl for doing so?

This has always bugged me seeing the threads on this site. People bash these 2, mostly Husky, but never say anything bad about Stihl for doing the same.

If you REALLY want a saw sold in your area ask you local saw shop, show them this site and try to make something happen. Your dealer may end up better off and make you some great deals later.

For the most part stihl sorta came out of the box with no internet sales if I remember correctly? I could be wrong but I believe that's the case. Dolmar isn't as well known and needs exposure to smaller town america and for those like me we have only stihl avail unless we purchase online. I have no need for dealer support as all I need are chains and bars. I will buy those locally though. And perhaps some major repairs to the dolmar dealer 2.5hr's away but What about us?

Don't think I've ever "commended" Stihl for not having distance sales - just that Stihl has a strong enough local dealer network to be able to "get away" with that policy. I don't like that Stihl doesn't make their product available on-line, and I think it possibly hurts their sales to some extent, (I know it knocked them out of the running for me; before I even went to a Stihl dealer - as I looked to see what dealers that had prices on-line for local pickup only were showing and that told me not to bother) but they have a strong enough network that you'd have a hard time not finding a local, stocking Stihl dealer

Given that Dolmar, and I'm told Husky, have much less of an active dealer network, it is my feeling (and apparently that of many others here) that a "No Distance Selling" policy hurts them far more than it hurts Stihl, as it makes it harder to get saws into the hands of customers.

I think this is stupid on the company's part, but it is their priviledge to operate in the manner they choose, just as it is ours to tell them we think it's stupid...:cheers:

Gooserider

Just curious as to why people bash Dolmar and Husqvarna for not wanting internet sales but they commend Stihl for doing so?

This has always bugged me seeing the threads on this site. People bash these 2, mostly Husky, but never say anything bad about Stihl for doing the same.

If you REALLY want a saw sold in your area ask you local saw shop, show them this site and try to make something happen. Your dealer may end up better off and make you some great deals later.

What hurt local dealers more than internet sales IMO is Lowes and Home Depot. I had a good husky dealer around here till the box stores took all his homeowner business. Last time I talked to him, his words were "I just can't compete with Lowes" That was 10 years ago. He was up in Lexington and his money maker was homeowner saws and trimmers but he knew his line and was a good guy that you could talk saws with. R.I.P. Sandy's Husqvarna

Ian

What hurt local dealers more than internet sales IMO is Lowes and Home Depot. I had a good husky dealer around here till the box stores took all his homeowner business. Last time I talked to him, his words were "I just can't compete with Lowes" That was 10 years ago. He was up in Lexington and his money maker was homeowner saws and trimmers but he knew his line and was a good guy that you could talk saws with. R.I.P. Sandy's Husqvarna

Ian

I agree 100%
NO Husky dealers around here, at all anymore.

For the most part stihl sorta came out of the box with no internet sales if I remember correctly? I could be wrong but I believe that's the case. Dolmar isn't as well known and needs exposure to smaller town america and for those like me we have only stihl avail unless we purchase online. I have no need for dealer support as all I need are chains and bars. I will buy those locally though. And perhaps some major repairs to the dolmar dealer 2.5hr's away but What about us?

Stihl didnt have internet sales when they where up and coming(like Dolmar) against the big boys of the time (Homelite & McCulloch) They just kept plugging away and people became more aware of them and more dealers carried them.

That is why I say talk to your local dealer, show him this site and what people are saying about Dolmar and ask them to take a serious look at them. I dont see how it can hurt you.

Back