Dolmar ps420 sighting.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna_238se_2.jpg

OH NO.....Only one bar nut.....:dizzy: :D :givebeer:

Any word on the ps4200s..;) ;) .

I see you're now "saving" for a 4200s......I didn't think you had to save for anything :dizzy: .....I thought money grew on trees, at your place? :greenchainsaw:

Tried a PS-350 today, very pleased with the handling. Starting is unbelievably easy, you pretty much can't NOT start it. Impressive power for an out-of-the box brand spankin' new saw! (Cutting dry cherry, too)
The ONLY downside to these saws is the weight. The PS-350 is exactly the same weight as the Shindaiwa 446s, which has considerably more power.
Otherwise, very nicely engineered. I like the Touch & Stop switch, but that could be potentially dangerous, because the start so easily, if the operator forgets to lock the ignition off, and even pulls the rope a bit it could start up. It's quieter than the Shindaiwa, which will please a lot of homeowners, but most of you guys here would probably be opening the muffler up first thing, anyways:chainsaw:
Oh, I think I forgot to mention that the PS-350 was considerably smoother than the Shindaiwa 446s, which is understandable considering that the 446s has rubber mounts vs. the DOLMAR's steel.

Last edited:
I see you're now "saving" for a 4200s......I didn't think you had to save for anything :dizzy: .....I thought money grew on trees, at your place? :greenchainsaw:

They do, that is why he keep cutting the trees down, or pushing them over with a back-hoe......:)

Last edited:
Ran a 420 today

I ran the new 420 today, revs up quick. Starts too easy.
I am not a fan of primer bulbs but i may have to make an exception.
My dealer has them for 289 with a 16 inch, Same price as the 460.

Does the 460 have a plastic case?

I ran the new 420 today, revs up quick. Starts too easy.
I am not a fan of primer bulbs but i may have to make an exception.
My dealer has them for 289 with a 16 inch, Same price as the 460.

Does the 460 have a plastic case?

Crankcase? No, it's aluminum.

Latest posts

Back