E-Ba Etiquette

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,You should have received and used the Dolmar by now.Like you mentioned,you're both in the same neck of the woods.
Checked the sellers feedback and not impressed!
It's not a bad idea to check a sellers feedback before bidding,saves problems in the long run.I tend to bid on sellers items who have a good high feedback record in the hundreds or more.
Hope this works out and you get a good saw.
Rick

I bought some bicycle parts for my daughter's bike that took 6 weeks. The seller depended on their kid's job in a shipping and recieving room at a chian store to ship their stuff...and the kid lost his job...probably because of abusing work priveledges, LOL.

I was forced to wait until they could find somebody else with an "in", probably so they could steal postage and shipping tags, etc.

I gave them a negative feedback; they never even bothered to fill mine out.

Just an update on the Dolmar. Got it Monday (1st). Saw was full of fuel. PostalService had aparently slit the box to vent. The saw was sold in "as new" condition. I took the covers off the saw, and the saw was filthy with sawdust and leaked gas. The Starter dogs were worn, so that you couldn't pull the saw a couple of revs w/out slipping. Chain brake was gone, bar and sprocket were bad worn.
A project saw is one thing but I paid $181 for a "like new" 115. I e-mailed the seller, and he is refunding my money. (I'm waiting on the MO). As much crap as I've had w/this sell, at least the seller stood up, and made it right.
I hate to see the saw go, It probably won't take much to set her right, but I've got to much money in the saw to be chasing down fixes.
Oh well, I still looking for a Dolmar, If anybody's got a good project saw?

billy edwards&ebay

when did you win your Dolmar? i won a pro mac 610 on 3/15 from good old billyray-53 and still don't have the saw.last email came on 4/02, he said will send out next day and email the tracking #.
i'm still waiting for tracking #.
gives' a whole new perspective to WINING something.
btw if the description on the Dolmar is "like new" then i'm in real trouble. the condition of the mac is "will need work"

Hey Mike,

Bummer that the saw deal went south. It didn't sound too promising from the git go. Don't give this dude any more wiggle room. Stay on him til you get your money. You have been a pillar of patience throughout this ordeal. He's screwed up at every turn. As an eBayer I have some theories on leaving negative feedback. He seems like the kind of guy that won't leave feedback at all, because he can't be bothered, so you will probably be safe from retaliatory remarks if you drop the bomb he deserves. The more altrusitic outlook (can't say I always follow this one) is to leave appropriate remarks that are deserved to warn and benefit fellow eBayers, despite the risk of retaliation. There's also the wild card that he may get pissed if you bomb him and he feels like everything should be OK just because he gave your money back. In any event I would have the cold hard cash in my hand before I left any feedback. Bummer you had to run into one of the bad apples out there. Just my 2 cents if it matters to the world.

Newfie

Good points Newfie, I'll definetley believe He's sending my money back when I see it. Some kinda feedback needs to be documented. Even a neutral, explaining what happened would serve as a flag.

Do you have to pay to ship the saw back? If so you could save yourself some money by making the saw lighter, the flywheel for instance is quite heavy and easily removed, LOL !

Sedanman, I hear ya. Been thinking, If I do get a check, I might just forget to return the saw for a few E-mails, kinda of like them apples...;)

Latest posts

Back