ECHO CS-300 vs CS-3000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ-7

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I, too, was suprised to find a climbing saw available at Home Depot. The model they were selling ($199.95) was a CS-300 even though the sales tag said CS-3000. Is there a difference?

Just a typo by a clerk unfamiliar with saws. The 3400 is a much stronger climbing saw in the same case, but unavailable at HD. Gotta hit the local dealer for one. HD carries the 3000 and the 3450. The 3450 is the 3400 with a rear handle instead of top handle.

The CS-300 was on the saw. I did a Google search for Echo CS-300 chainsaw and came up with a list from the Echo site extolling the virtues of the 300, 340 etc. but I noticed a year 2000 copyright notice on the page. Maybe they are pedaling two year old saws, or is the 300 the newest replacement for the 3000?

It's just a marketing thing. Echo is changing all the model no.s on their equipment from four no.s to three. They are also droping some model out of the line. Like the SRM-2400 and replacing it with the SRM-230. Go to your local dealer and buy the saw. It will be serviced and ready to go. At HD you get to carry it out in a box, and pay the same price. Which one do you think is the better value. Later Butch:D

The new # series has to do with "EMISSIONS" and meeting the requirments in "CALIFORNIA"and other states that believe the 2-cycle industry is the reason for their air "QUALITY" problems !! :cool::angry:

Thanks for the update. I was just curious. I will keep my little 018 for an occasional limb up in the air. No need for me to buy a single purpose climbing saw.

Latest posts

Back