Echo's Warranty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I've been a member of this site for a while mostly just reading what others have to say. I think it's time I become more involved. So I would really like to clear up the subject of Echo's 5 year warranty.

In reading many posts I have seen Echo's warranty referred to as garbage, a joke etc. I have been an Echo dealer for 7 years now and I have yet to have a rejected warranty claim. That being said I rarely have to file a claim because their saws rarely come back. They are just rock solid reliable. I have, however replaced a few oil pumps, ignition modules etc. on saws that were 4.5 years old and almost out of warranty and never had an issue getting Echo to cover them. They rarely ever even ask for the old parts back.

Now common sense has to come into play here. In order to be covered under warranty a malfunction has to be due to manufacturer defect. So if someone runs poor or improperly mixed fuel through their saw and scores the P/C I don't even bother to file a claim. Echo shouldn't have to cover customer error!

I think some of the negative attitude about Echo's warranty has to do with the dealer (or lack thereof) some have dealt with. Many are quick to blame the customer without even looking at the saw first. Or they don't want to have to take the time to file a claim. But I'm here to tell you Echo's warranty site is so simple it takes a whopping 5 minutes to file a claim and usually less than an hour for it to be approved. They also pay very fair flat rate times IMO.

In short I feel more brand loyalty to Echo than any other company. They don't always have all the bells and whistles with top notch up to date technology, but they build only quality, reliable equipment PERIOD!!

Welcome aboard, I rarely buy new so a warranty is rarely an issue. However, I probably have 25 or more Echo saws ranging from a 302 up to a couple of 900's and have found them to be reliable.

You may want to look into site sponsorship so your signature doesn't run you afoul of the moderators.

Thanks guys backed off the signature for now. Gonna look into sponsorship though. That is true 5 year warranty is consumer only. One year on commercial. I haven't yet had to file a commercial claim.

I never expected anything other! It has always bemused me that so many here like talking bad about the lesser brands! As if it was difficult to build a to stroke engine with a handle and a sproket to run a chain... That belongs to one of the absolute basics in engine developement!

Aaahhh sorry I forgot, Husqvarna & Stihl have their magic ingredients.... :laugh:

Howdy! I like echo gear too.

Echo got the reputation in the past because they did screw over their dealers, at least enough anecdotal is out there that states this, I have read it right here.

I only have one reference myself, a local guy here (that I have super respect for) in my area sold their stuff for over 20 years, never a claim. He just went ahead and had his tech fix minor stuff, usually immediately, super duper customer service in other words, he ate anything minor.. finally one day he puts in one claim for an obvious defect, they rejected it and gave him obnoxious grief over it, so much so, that he dropped their line.

He is an "everything" store, just the coolest, carries stuff From TVs to furniture to parts to tires to tools, you name it, he even is a guns and ammo dealer, just lotsa stuff, just a neat store. He said that is the only manufacturer of all those products he ever had grief with, and the principle of it got to him, because it wasn't even that much money involved.

If they have changed over the last several years, that is great to hear.

I would imagine chainsaws would be a tough item to warranty because of how some of them get used. I've sold several saws and think that about half of the customers thought they knew how to operate a chainsaw but didn't. I even had a couple of them that couldn't start one until shown how..

I've bought 5 new echo saws over the last couple of years. Never had a problem.

Warranty is warranty, its pretty much a no-brainer, but for those that wish to partake over the long term, your reputation as a dealer lies on two sides of the fence and one up in the air. Your customer, your parent company, and lastly but most importantly your personal integrity.

True warranty claims are very few and far between.

love my echo products including the speed feed heads on the trimmers
i got a 2100 echo trimmer for free the other i plan to get it running and put a speed feed on it
the company gets a 5 star from me.

My cs-306 got a big workout early of 2009 with an ice storm that followed as a 1-2 punch after IKE's wind storm. Before that It just got intermittent use, mostly as "stand-by" for storm preparedness. The 14" bar is a bit optimistic. If I ever wear it out I'll trade down to a 12". The narrow kerf chain on this little screaming banshee saw can cut like theres no tomorrow. Its long past warranty service. The muffler has suffered CATastrophic failure and carb limiters fallen out.

Warranty's are only as good as the dealer and if the dealer actually adjusts the carb right very rarely needed unless using bad gas, saws that aren't adjusted right will burn up and some will blame that on bad gas. They are there dealers that are crooks, tell the customer that the company wont pay the warranty when it does and get paid from the company and from the customer. Steve

my dealer is great here all the echo equipment gets adjusted and he trys to take a few dollars off when he sells.
lets me have echo red armor for 2$ for a 2.5 gallon mix bottle and trys to stock everything. this type of dealer is a rare bird in my parts
most are arrogant and try to not honor warrantees and jack up prices on everything.

Check out this trimmer video.

Isn't that something! And just think how many people that customer went and told that Echo makes junk an their warranty is no good! Lol

Back