Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First the mud in january now snow again has got me out of work for quite a while with no more cutting to do only pulling and all the logs are under 2 ft. of snow! So I sit around the fire greasing up the corks and shining the tin hat itching to get back out in the woods!

I did go cruising my timber land with my father the other day feeling a little old school just thought of this thread when we got a picture of me next to a punkin of the east :)

kikin' it old school complete with snoose snow cone:cool2:

IMGP0022-1.jpg

working on getting some falling pictures from the fall uploaded bit of a trial though there in good ol fashioned prints so getting them on the internet is obnoxious.

Geez boy, ya cant be much older then 20!!

WERE is your full wrap handle bar, and that saw is not an ARTIC version

Aw, the saw looks a piece of art to me...

Seriously. The label "Arctic" doesn't mean much in the real world. A heated pair of handles is nice, but otherwise.. not worth it.

Tramp, how do those tennis racket snow shoes function in the bush? Get stuck often?

Sam

It's good to see some young blood. When I go to a timber showing you see the same faces that have been showing up for the last 30 years. Get the feeling I'm becoming a dinosaur.

Ain't that the truth . The enviro wakos are going to win the war in the woods if we don't have young guys to take our place.

Funky; my full wrap is somewhere between Texas and Glennallen Alaska . I'm gonna try modifying a 372 falling dog to fit the 460 .
I am PAINFULLY AWARE it isn't an Arctic version . Heating my busted up lunch hooks up on the muffler is a constant occurance .

Sam; I would live to have alll my saws have heated handke bars . I have destroyed dozens of glovves on the mufflers warming my hands up. .The hot wire in the carb woyld be nice fir when it snows also .I drilled a bunch of holes in the top cover of my 372 so it can suck some warm air from the jug .

Tramp, the wrap handle is probably having a layover in Vegas. Poolside with cold beer and scantily clad women :hmm3grin2orange:

Funky; my full wrap is somewhere between Texas and Glennallen Alaska . I'm gonna try modifying a 372 falling dog to fit the 460 .
I am PAINFULLY AWARE it isn't an Arctic version . Heating my busted up lunch hooks up on the muffler is a constant occurance .

Sam; I would live to have alll my saws have heated handke bars . I have destroyed dozens of glovves on the mufflers warming my hands up. .The hot wire in the carb woyld be nice fir when it snows also .I drilled a bunch of holes in the top cover of my 372 so it can suck some warm air from the jug .

Spelling errors # love# handle# gloves# for# would.

I think. Maybe, perhaps.

Handle ought to be there by the end of the week or Monday.

Let me know when it arrives.

Sam . The snowshoes work better than not having them .
Because it is so dry here and cold the snow is kind of odd . It doesn't pack down very good at all . Its very fine grained and is slippery . I get hung up and fall over more if I don't wear the shoes .
I need to make a pair of 13"x84" from aluminum with synthetic decking .

Now before anyone wants to argue just shut yer gob and think . Even the Alaskan model and the Ojibaway model arn't big enough .

Modern snowshoes work ok in much wetter denser snow .

At 5'9" and 240# naked it takes alot of square footage to keep me afloat .

And yes if you think aboutwhere you are putting your foor u can walk thru the brush just fine on Long sbowshoes.

Sam . The snowshoes work better than not having them .
Because it is so dry here and cold the snow is kind of odd . It doesn't pack down very good at all . Its very fine grained and is slippery . I get hung up and fall over more if I don't wear the shoes .
I need to make a pair of 13"x84" from aluminum with synthetic decking .

Now before anyone wants to argue just shut yer gob and think . Even the Alaskan model and the Ojibaway model arn't big enough .

Modern snowshoes work ok in much wetter denser snow .

At 5'9" and 240# naked it takes alot of square footage to keep me afloat .

And yes if you think aboutwhere you are putting your foor u can walk thru the brush just fine on Long sbowshoes.

The reason I asked is that I'm living in a dry snow country too.

Funny thing is that in my country there's practically no tradition whatsoever for the snow shoes, although we have snow 6 months of the year. It's been all skis through the history. They're quite a new piece of equipment over here introduced by Americans. So, I haven't actually tried out the Long snowshoes.

The modern snowshoes, are expensive and highly designed. Suitable for walking, not working.

Now I've stumbled last six winters on a pair that I'm satisfied with. It's basically a pair of plastic plates, no holes, no hinges, steel spikes on the soil. Unfortunately I can't post any pictures right now.

The bad thing about snowshoes is you can't ski on the downhill parts. Maybe that's a good thing? I got big ones. I don't have any problems walking on them, and if you have ever experienced sinking to your waist with fru fru snowshoes on, well, the big ones make sense.

A lot of recreational snowshoers just stay on packed trails.

Ever have a dog try to ride on your skis or snowshoes? It will definitely slow you down.

Well, I best get going. We are going skiing today. I will try not to land on my shoulder again. ;)

And those are definitely not fru fru snowshoes.

Nope . The only modern ones that are really well designed for normal working snowshoes . The 10x36 model of Shetpas has been discontinued of course
the white military shoes are good for wetter snow and are helpful here . But I still sink to far . I've fell timber using the Michigan 14x48" , the Alaskan 11x56" and 2 different pair of 9x 30" modern shoes .
pair of
We've gotten another 5" of snow since I took those pics and I need togo for a mile walk to find a new patch of timber . Breaking trail sucks . The back trail is good tho . .

Geez boy, ya cant be much older then 20!!

Yes sir it is my 19th birthday today in fact!

I want to kill it too but the reason its still there is that there is no possible ground to cut it without it blowing up its hasa sheer drop off on 3 sides and nowhere to put it on the 4th side, unfortunate but true :(

Latest posts

Back