forestry bucket or mini skid platform

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZinTrees

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking at possibly selling my bucket truck, the forestry trucks are a dime a dozen it seems, although very popular I doubt mines worth what I paid for it 2 years ago so i'm thinking of taking the boom off, and replacing it with a mini skid platform which seems to be a more rare item and people seem to like them

the space behind the cab is 43 inch x 94 inch, this would allow me to build a platform on there no problem, with adequate tiedowns and everything needed, PTO dump on a 14yd chip box, won't fit a massive mini skid but a smaller machine like my old Boxer would fit no problem at all

thoughts? worth the effort or sell/trade it as is?

The boom is a 1992 Holan Bronco 55ft double over center with 3 stick controls, non material handling, basket has had fiberglass repairs done and the large return line on the boom was replaced 2 years ago (I have a receipt for the return line)
Truck is a 1992 C7500 topkick, Cat diesel, Alison auto, 35K GVWR with air brakes, new injector cups and turbo like 3 years ago (I have a receipt somewhere)

Runs and drives great, only 128K miles but super high hours (15K engine, 7K PTO) and the truck has some leaks and wiring issues that need addressed, brakes are good and both front tires are pretty new, all 4 rears have some dryrot

Back