Greenworks H.O.G.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No! The battery is nowhere near depleted when it overheats; and there is no air forced through the motor or the battery.
I've heard that the use of pouch cells will potentially alleviate these problems to some extent. Time will tell.

Pouch cells arnt new, been around since lithium tech came out. Been using them for years in r/c. Cylindrical cells were launched to replace std size batteries already in production. I'm still amazed how an 18650 became the standard since it's a bastard size vs traditional cylindrical batteries.

Pouch cells arnt new, been around since lithium tech came out. Been using them for years in r/c. Cylindrical cells were launched to replace std size batteries already in production. I'm still amazed how an 18650 became the standard since it's a bastard size vs traditional cylindrical batteries.

The new standard in power tools is 21700.

What I meant by my post was that pouch cells seem to be more effective in power tools; but they haven't been widely implemented yet; for reasons unknown to me.

Latest posts

Back