Has anyone exploded their chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fried Chicken

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Some of the stuff I put my chainsaw through (MS210C) makes me really wonder if the chainsaw can handle it... I've gone on a log nonstop of over a minute riding the edge of bogging/stalling, exhaust right up against the log, throttle firmly wide open.

Never has the chainsaw shown any hiccup or sign of problems, but it does make me wonder if maybe I should use some measure of delicacy when doing chainsaw work. After such a torture I usually let it idle a bit and give it some revs to calm down before shutting it down or proceeding onto the next log.

Some of the stuff I put my chainsaw through (MS210C) makes me really wonder if the chainsaw can handle it... I've gone on a log nonstop of over a minute riding the edge of bogging/stalling, exhaust right up against the log, throttle firmly wide open.

Never has the chainsaw shown any hiccup or sign of problems, but it does make me wonder if maybe I should use some measure of delicacy when doing chainsaw work. After such a torture I usually let it idle a bit and give it some revs to calm down before shutting it down or proceeding onto the next log.
All saws like to work,so just use good fuel and mix oil and keep on doing what you are doing. And keep the chain sharp, filters clean and that little saw will serve you well for a decade or more I reckon

Back