Hello everyone!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Methphisto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am 25 years old and have been helping my dad each winter in making firewood in the forest at least the last 10 years, primarily splitting wood and loading trailers. I have a passion for woodworking and repairing mechanical stuff. I decided to get the required „chainsaw license“ 2 years ago and am now owning 2 saws. I am still learning and looking forward to acquire new knowledge.

Welcome to ArboristSite,Methphisto! Hope you will find this site as welcoming,and informative, as I did,when I joined. Many many great folks on here. Got a problem? Post it on here......folks will help with solution. Want to share the weather of the day,or offer a "Good mornin'" to everyone? Right here! Just about anything you want to discuss for a topic.....you will find on this site. Enjoy!

Hi guys,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am 25 years old and have been helping my dad each winter in making firewood in the forest at least the last 10 years, primarily splitting wood and loading trailers. I have a passion for woodworking and repairing mechanical stuff. I decided to get the required „chainsaw license“ 2 years ago and am now owning 2 saws. I am still learning and looking forward to acquire new knowledge.
Welcome! Sounds like you come from a good background. Can you tell us more about the required chainsaw license?

Hi guys,

Praise God, I have been here about 20 years, working with firewood since I was a kid more so since my early 20's, 65 now and I have quite a few hours working with tree removal businesses , brush and tree clearing and a little bit of logging and other chainsaw related jobs. Been doing moderate chainsaw repairs primarily my own and several a year I resurrect for resale . About 15 or so running usable chainsaws and twice that in repairable and part saws. When I joined here I expect I had 10 percent what I have now in chainsaw related stuff. See what can happen?

Welcome! Sounds like you come from a good background. Can you tell us more about the required chainsaw license?
Oh yeah sure, just thought about forgetting to mention i am from northern germany. In most forests here that are not private property, it is mandatory to have taken a course of either one or two days duration after which you get a certificate, stating you have been trained in the use of a chainsaw. Here you learn about the technical aspects of the saw itself, like maintenance, safety systems and about the sawing techniques, risks involved and things like that. All of that is done trying to prevent any kind of injuries due to improper use of the saw and by teaching safety guidelines.

Back