Hello from Australia!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bludenz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Starting to become more active on this forum so thought I'd put my post here...

Hello from Western Australia to be precise! Proud owner of a Stihl ms261cm (looking for an upgrade), and a Stihl ms194t with a close family member who owns a Stihl 064 av-e! I like to climb the occasional tree on my property and give it a trim if needed, otherwise I just tend to use my saws to cut up logs into smaller sections :). I also enjoy working on my few project cars, and loved working on a few of my project chainsaws a while ago.

Happy to take recommendations on what I should upgrade my 261 to. Trees I cut very rarely get over the 25inch mark in diameter, but it helps me to be able to cut while standing upright. I prefer to run 24-32inch bars as opposed to the 16 inch bar on my Stihl ms261. Currently looking at a 441, 461 or a 500i. I'd love a project saw to do up, so if anyone has a 441, 461 or a 500i (big shot, i know!) that's broken, from a blown engine to cracked case, and willing to post to Australia, let me know!

That's all from me :)

Edit: spelling errors

Back