Help me decide over new 60 cc, husky or dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt this exciting :rock:
Im genuine thrilled with expectation, to see what Finlogger decide to invest in, I'll just hope he gets a functional tool.
Mean while I'll log on with my 560 xpg & 576xpg in the Danish summer heat :dizzy: rubbish i Mean temperate and humid summer drizzle, but so far no problems with hot starts or what so ever, but again we havent reached 25 degrees Celsius yet

All Best Ulf

Yes he clearly is. There is no way around that. Crankcases and clutches might fail once due to faulty manufacture...but lots of times is undoubtedly abuse.

Obviously if this saw is being used daily for logging, it isn't supposed to last 5 years. I'd love to know what saw he uses when the 560xp is in the shop. Obviously it must not be that great either, or he'd buy another one of those.

Two crankcases replaced due to leaking gasket, chain oil all over the place. Hardly a user fault, they had that issue sorted out finally I think. Regardind that the saw is on it's third crankcase and has many other parts renewed during this time it is no wonder it has exceeded the average life of a single saw. This was not my concern anyways!
Most of the times repairs were done while waiting, me observing and learning while the mechanic did a good job. My other saw, the zenoah-husky 543 has been just fine, why buy another? One 40cc and 60cc are enough for me.
Should have photographed everything, to show you...

Two crankcases replaced due to leaking gasket, chain oil all over the place. Hardly a user fault, they had that issue sorted out finally I think. Regardind that the saw is on it's third crankcase and has many other parts renewed during this time it is no wonder it has exceeded the average life of a single saw. This was not my concern anyways!
Most of the times repairs were done while waiting, me observing and learning while the mechanic did a good job. My other saw, the zenoah-husky 543 has been just fine, why buy another? One 40cc and 60cc are enough for me.
Should have photographed everything, to show you...
543 is of japanese origin, so no wonder it can hold up to your abusive nature...

:laugh:

5888755b7d85937f1da807f33dc0baac.jpg
or maybe someone else is messing with my saw when i'm away...

Congratulations with your decision and purchase. I hope it'll serve you well :chainsaw:
Let us know, what you think about the Dolly after a couple of months

Best regards Ulf

My 562 would be gone if I did not have so much money into it. MM has most of the small problems fixed but I did a small clearing job, 5 days and about 30 cord or so of wood and guess what saw gave me problems when things got hot. Yep the 562. The 372/346 bailed its butt out again. CJ

I've never used one, but I really like the looks of the Dolmars. And it's nice to hear about something else other Stihl or Husqvarna (or it's various derivatives). Congratulations, happy sawing, and I hope it works out for you!

4861c42653c7671f8615c2b4a3d331ae.jpg

Holidays are now over and it is time let the chips fly again! Dolmar 6100 has proven to be a strong saw.

Lähetetty minun Nexus 9 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Would love to hear your thoughts on the 6100 as a working saw . You know sense it handles so poorly and is so heavy and fat. Lol. All joking and poking aside I would love for you to keep us updated on how it holds up for you.

I've had every single pro 60cc saw available in the US. Brand new my favorites are 2260, 562, new 362cm, 620p, 555, 6100 in that order. Older saw's 262, 357, 361, 362xp, 3750, solo 656.

I've had every single pro 60cc saw available in the US. Brand new my favorites are 2260, 562, new 362cm, 620p, 555, 6100 in that order. Older saw's 262, 357, 361, 362xp, 3750, solo 656.

I cant believe the 555 is in 5th place? I love mine but have a 562 now so will see how it compares.

You list the Husqvarna 357; do you have any experience with the 359?

From what I've read here not many folks have owned a 359, but those who did really liked them.

Back