Help me decide over new 60 cc, husky or dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those that still think the 562 isn't what it truly is, simply don't want to face reality.

My opinion is if you want a new reliable 60cc saw, pick anything other than the 562xp.

I could be more vocal with my opinion on on the 562, but really what good does that do, especially with how things on these forums are.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tommy boy quote- edited-

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the Husqvarna 562 box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of crap. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.

I really do like a bunch of Husqvarna saws, but I have seen too many of these auto tune ones in the shop that look brand new with roasted pistons (three in my area that I know of), so you know they haven't been abused.... The guys even say that they don't know what happened, they were running all their other saws on the same gas mix and had zero issues, and the Auto tune doesn't catch up to the required mixture....

Both Dolmar dealer and importer are nearby, I don't have much experience on their repair and parts service though. I'm propably going to give Dolmar a shot, their engines seem to have high build quality, but are simple in a good way, hopefully hassle free. Maybe I'll keep an eye on used 357's also, I kinda miss that one! My other husvarna, 543xpg is running very nice with muffler mod done, but that ain't actually a real husky...

That depends on which forum(s) you are looking on regarding the 362 (and 261). The most often "reported" ones have to do with the clutch bearing, clutch and PTO side of the crank.

The dominating complaints about the 562 are related to warm starts, and a lot of them happens simply because the user isn't doing what the manual tells him to, and/or the use of low quality pump gas. When such mistakes are as common as they are, it is hard to see if there is a real issue present.
Niko my friend I can assure you the issue is real. I mean the primer stops working. These saws are simply not working properly, especially in hot weather, and I know I'm not alone. If anyone says the issue I've had is BS, they're calling me a liar. Which is fine and I really could care less.

Maybe some here do in fact make the issue worse than it is. Maybe some elsewhere have something to gain by covering up the issues, or they have brand loyalty that runs deep. You really can't base what the truth is by reading internet forums, however if you read between the lines you can get a pretty good picture.

Whenever someone claims this or that is the new end all be all, my bs radar goes off. When a whole group of people say the same, I run in the other direction.

Do I regret buying my 562? Not at all, I knew I was taking a chance on this model, and in cooler weather it runs great. I was just hoping I waited long enough for all the bugs to be worked out.

Seems like you ought to go out and buy a 555 Husky and a Dolmar 6100. I think that'll only cost a couple hundred more than a 562xp. You'll get to decide for yourself which you like better, and you'll have a good backup saw should you require one.

Seems like you ought to go out and buy a 555 Husky and a Dolmar 6100. I think that'll only cost a couple hundred more than a 562xp. You'll get to decide for yourself which you like better, and you'll have a good backup saw should you require one.

555 listed price is 930€ and XP562 starts at 1075€..........

and dolmar ps-6100 695€ / ps-6100H 795€

RV

I certainly don't understand the advice for a 555, and there are members recommending one that have opinions that I respect.

Does it have a better crankcase than a 562? Does it have better air filtration than a 562? How about a better clutch? These are the concerns of the OP. He hasn't mentioned warm/hot starts.

How about more durable little things, I assume he means gaskets, clips, tensioner, muffler bolts staying put, etc. Are those better on a 555?

I certainly don't understand the advice for a 555, and there are members recommending one that have opinions that I respect.

Does it have a better crankcase than a 562? Does it have better air filtration than a 562? How about a better clutch? These are the concerns of the OP. He hasn't mentioned warm/hot starts.

How about more durable little things, I assume he means gaskets, clips, tensioner, muffler bolts staying put, etc. Are those better on a 555?

Warm/hot start issues: yes
Cracked clutch drums: yes
Leaking gasket: yes
Top cover clips broken: yes
Muffler bolts loosening: yes
Front hand guard too fragile: yes
Wiring for heated handles broken: yes
Av spring easily broken: yes (partly own fault)
Cracked muffler: yes
Hesitation: yes

Is that enough?

Lähetetty minun Nexus 9 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Either you are extremely hard on your saws or.......

Yes he clearly is. There is no way around that. Crankcases and clutches might fail once due to faulty manufacture...but lots of times is undoubtedly abuse.

Obviously if this saw is being used daily for logging, it isn't supposed to last 5 years. I'd love to know what saw he uses when the 560xp is in the shop. Obviously it must not be that great either, or he'd buy another one of those.

Latest posts

Back