Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guilty of Treason has a couple video's of a clone Stihl 066

Dont be posting proof that the clone saws arent that bad and you can buy one and go cut wood with it, if you can fix a couple tiny things, the stihl or nothing fanboys will hate you lol.
All my saws are clones. The joncutter5800 is the best one I have, 5 years old and still working great. I bent the top handle on it and replaced it, that's all that ever broke and it still worked it was just bent.
The troybuilt 42cc saw is a ripper for it's size with some porting done to it, it's not that old but is working fine so far.
I have a supmix6200 with a plastic swap from an older better zenoah clone, it runs great, no issues yet.
My neotech892 660 clone needed a few things an oem decomp, chain tensioner, gas/oil caps, the oiler sucked I modded it for more flow, the on/off/choke switch needed shimmed and the bolt in the pull start came loose and needed some thread locker, after that it starts easy and runs great.
My 25cc top handle from 2019 kinda sucks, the newer ones seam much better, im going to replace it not fix it.

If you're able to work on saws you can make a clone a reliable work saw. I recommend running the clone for a couple tanks close to home to trouble shoot it before heading to a jobsite or woodlot to spend a day running it. All the issues with my 660 clone showed up after a couple tanks of gas and were easy fixes.

Interesting this thread continues. I did my time with the Blue saws. For me the answer completely depends on the model as some are good some not so. So to answer the "generic" are blue saws any good is impossible. I had a terrible time getting the 361 clone "stable" but eventually did. NOT the type of things an average hobby type will do to get them to seal up. I had a reasonably good time & experience developing a 660 build by mixing in a few OEM parts, those saw were on the 'verge" of ready. But the g395 was a game changer for me. I ran mine after a piston change ( Hyway popup ), Muffler mod & the muffler bolts replaced with OEM. Logged two seasons made over 15k with that saw. It was a solid saw. I gave it away ( yup I did ), NOT because it was having issues, to the contrary, it was taking all the oxygen away from my other saws for my video channel. It "Punted" my 572's, 562's, and 585 in the sense i would take them out to work, and had the g395 as backup. WHEN the video on those other saws was don't, I would go back to the g395 to get the days work done. SO it had to go. Now I run my 572 junk pile builds with the 585 as back up. If you notice, OTHER saws are again creeping onto the channel.. a Homie 540, Husqvarna 298 , Husqvarna 285, etc. Headed back into the logging again and if I didn't ditch the g395 it would steal all the video time again. So are those Holzfforma's any good? ONE model is, the g395. The rest? I no longer care/

Latest posts

Back