How would you cut the branch circled in red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that suggests ratchet strapping a ladder to a tree and climbing with a Sawzall needs to be reading posts, not posting here. If you read the intro to the Homeowner helper forum you will see it says this is where homeowners can come to get advice from the pros. Furthermore, if you had read the OP's posts better, you would have noticed he was specifically asking for climbing advice, and how to cut it with a chainsaw.

And finally, if you think ratchet strapping a ladder to a tree makes it safe, you should watch more youtube. If that branch swings around and hits the ladder it's still going to bounce you right off.
Not if he is a couple of feet off the ground, my friend, which is what that looked to me. Why are you so invested in this? You are starting to sound like BWalker. End of posts on this but please continue with your "I'm right and your a doofus newb" comments if it strokes your ego.

Not if he is a couple of feet off the ground, my friend, which is what that looked to me. Why are you so invested in this? You are starting to sound like BWalker. End of posts on this but please continue with your "I'm right and your a doofus newb" comments if it strokes your ego.
Keep suggesting ladders and Sawzalls in the homeowner helper forum and see how that works out for you....

Or you could read the thread...
I did. He never stated he was using the tree as training. Only that he was using it as 'practice' in a post with almost zero punctuation.

That doesn't mean he has considered the reality that it makes more sense to fall the tree whole. People that are learning to climb like to think every tree needs to be climbed....when a lot of them don't.

Because he might actually be smart
Enough to know your either retarded, or (hopefully) joking. The fact you guys can’t understand why someone would want to practice something that is a career and can pay well is kinda brain dead.”just fell it” there is no where to fall the tree “its a few feet up” its easily 30+ feet. I can understand the impulse to assume everyone who is asking a question is stupid and doesn’t know what their objective is. Sometimes its better to assume that if i have a particular way i want to do it. There may be a reason even if to you it seems dumb. <3 u

Sike

Did you live?
yes, it was a nice experience. definitely feel comfortable enough to move forward just gotta make better cleaner cuts. The positioning wasnt bad with the tie in i used, just more awkward than it could have been. it had the lean so i feel like footing would have been an issue regardless trying to create space between me and the limb on the face cut.

yes, it was a nice experience. definitely feel comfortable enough to move forward just gotta make better cleaner cuts. The positioning wasnt bad with the tie in i used, just more awkward than it could have been. it had the lean so i feel like footing would have been an issue regardless trying to create space between me and the limb on the face cut.
If you're in a position like that on a prune or trim, so you don't want to use spurs, you can girth hitch a long loop runner and use it as a stirrup to give yourself a more stable cutting position.

Unless it's bigger than I see put up a ladder on the opposite side, use a ratchet strap to secure the ladder to the tree and use a cordless sawzall with a wood pruning blade.
Use this method and the ambulance will arrive before the limb arrives on the ground. Ladders and ratchet straps seriously?? How about bible gum and duck tap to really make it spicy?

Use this method and the ambulance will arrive before the limb arrives on the ground. Ladders and ratchet straps seriously?? How about bible gum and duck tap to really make it spicy?
The funny part is ratchet strapping a ladder to the tree basically makes it the same as climbing with spurs but worse and probably more work.

Latest posts

Back