HT 135 WON'T RUN FULL TILT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rev limiter yes. It will sound terrible out of the wood. It is not like a chain saw.
What matters is how it acts with a SHARP chain in the wood using at least 1/2 of the bar.
If it does not smooth out then, there is an issue. Take it back. That is what warranty is for.
I will heed this suggestion. Currently recovering from nose cancer surgery, so it will be a few days before I can deep plow it thru some wood.

I did take down a tree at my brother's place, about 9-10" dia, it did the job, slowly, but at 1/2 throttle only.

I am very interested in knowing how the rev limiter works, and what to be concerned with.

Following a surgery, I was finally able to re-address this problem.

Being "new", I didn't suspect the fuel filter especially. So, 1st stop, pull fuel filter and ck it. My special test suggested it wasn't flowing well.

So, I cleaned it (didn't have a replacement on hand) and reinstalled.

Adjusted HS jet on bench, then in wood.

After suitable adjustments, it made cuts in 10" hardwood without hesitation.

Engine running great, sounds great. I'm happy! Thanks.

Following a surgery, I was finally able to re-address this problem.

Being "new", I didn't suspect the fuel filter especially. So, 1st stop, pull fuel filter and ck it. My special test suggested it wasn't flowing well.

So, I cleaned it (didn't have a replacement on hand) and reinstalled.

Adjusted HS jet on bench, then in wood.

After suitable adjustments, it made cuts in 10" hardwood without hesitation.

Engine running great, sounds great. I'm happy! Thanks.
Sounds like it was the H adjustment jet the whole time.

Sounds like it was the H adjustment jet the whole time.
Actually, it was the fuel filter, BUT, this machine was SUPPOSED to be new. Therefore, I didn't suspect the filter. Might have been a used and returned, resold machine?

Actually, it was the fuel filter, BUT, this machine was SUPPOSED to be new. Therefore, I didn't suspect the filter. Might have been a used and returned, resold machine?
So it immediately responded correctly after the filter, then why did you tune it? If it was new, I don't think it was the filter,. And you say you used the same one?

So it immediately responded correctly after the filter, then why did you tune it? If it was new, I don't think it was the filter,. And you say you used the same one?
It wouldn't run high rpm, load or no load. It wasn't until I cleaned the outer filter membrane (gummed up?) that it would rpm. Then yes, I had to adjust at that point, as I had adjustment out of range from previous attempts (1 1/8t.). Currently 2.8t.

Back