Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised. Pics of the 162SE, it's a pretty clean saw overall.
And also the franken-husky. I pulled the topend and verified it is an open port 48mm cylinder so a 61 Rancher topend on a 272 bottom end. Kind of a weird combo. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Bottom end feels crunchy but I'll probably end up building something out of it. 20240612_210209.jpg20240612_210131.jpg20240612_210201.jpg20240612_210225.jpg20240612_210238.jpg20240612_210246.jpg20240612_210254.jpg20240612_210302.jpg20240612_210231.jpg

Also, a tip for those of you that mess with the older saws like this 162SE that have the vented caps. The check valve in the cap is the same as a Holley accelerator pump. Theu are readily available and cheap to stop your caps from leaking. Just have to trim the stem a bit shorter.
AED 5472X Accelerator Pump Check Valve, (Pack of 10) https://a.co/d/ba47P1M

Also, a tip for those of you that mess with the older saws like this 162SE that have the vented caps. The check valve in the cap is the same as a Holley accelerator pump. Theu are readily available and cheap to stop your caps from leaking. Just have to trim the stem a bit shorter.
good info on the caps I have a lot of leakers here
Great pics of that clean 162!

Thanks for that tip!! I immediately ordered a set. Can't be beat - $1 a piece.

Thanks for that tip!! I immediately ordered a set. Can't be beat - $1 a piece.
No problem!!! Mine where leaking and couldn't find any info on repairing them, I knew I had seen those check valves somewhere before. There's 30+ years of turning wrenches in my brain It took a little bit of scrolling through the mental rolodex before I realized they go in Holley and Motorcraft carburetors lol.

I have a 455 Rancher in need of a coil. PN on the coil is 544 04 70-03. When I look at some IPL's on line they refer to 544 04 70-01. Are these parts interchangeable and where is the best source for a replacement?

Background - saw was left in storage for some time, when they tried to use it it would only pop once or twice and that was it. Spark looked good so I first thought of fuel and replaced the metering and fuel pump diaphragms & gaskets...no change. Replace the fuel with fresh canned fuel, verify that the fuel filter and fuel line are ok, try a different spark plug...no change. Remove the flywheel to make sure the key it intact and the timing is correct and that checks out O.K.. Pull it down to pressure & vacuum test (slight scoring of the piston on the exhaust side), P&V O.K. Now what??? I had another 455 Rancher in the shop (customer said it "runs rough") so I tried starting that saw and with a little carburetor adjustment it runs just fine. Swap the coils and #1 saw starts and runs fine leading me to a faulty coil that produces spark but evidently the timing is off somehow.

So, back to the coil...recommendations on sourcing a new coil?

Thanks,

Mark

Latest posts

Back