Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice line up of Remington’s, Bruno. Have you cut with that 990?
Not yet. Waiting for some clean wood. It has cut good in a big mulberry log then really good with a 41" bar in a 36" pine log. I sent it out for a full rebuild. He ran it in some wood for tuning. I probably won't run the 43 probably the 36. Unless I find wood large enough for it as both bars are nos Windsor.

Also looking for early Remington bantam and super series flywheels and recoil assemblies. So far I have 3 different insides on those older Remington recoil assemblies. Either the recoil is bad or the flywheel/starter pawl is bad and I can't match anything up 🙄😡

My IP limits the file size I can send via email. Rat bastids!

So, I gave up scanning and just mail copies of what I have.

Some day I’d like a clear copy of the 990. What I have is fuzzy and distorted. [emoji53]
Yes if you do let me know. I just acquired a mint 990 and had it completely rebuilt. I don't mind paying a fair price for that. IMG_20240607_154155895.jpg

Hats off to @happysaws I couldn't figure out my sl10a oil in cylinder issue. He told me not every part is on the IPL and sure as 💩 this part wasn't. Looks like there was probably a duckbill in the bottom that melted away. I plugged the hole and now the manual oiler works like a champ. No more auto oiler but I'm ok with that. Thanks again for the knowledge 😁IMG_20240619_132544678_HDR.jpg IMG_20240619_132859242_HDR.jpg

So my sl10a fuel tank is holding pressure, it has the brass fitting from tank to air filter/carb box. Fitting is clean and not plugged any suggestions? I have vented fuel cap I could use but those piss out fuel if your saw is at an angle

I have a few various models scattered about. I am still trying to make contact and make a deal on the building next to mine, I'd like to expand the display area as I have a lot of saws and other interesting items that I am not able to organize/display in the current space.

Featherweights, NIB 75A, Super 754, PL4?, Logmaster (another crossover saw), Mall 11 (hanging from the ceiling), and probably a few I've missed.

Mark

Latest posts

Back