Husqvarna - Still A Good Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very subjective. In hand, I find the quality to look about the same, except for the new Stihl bars with the 90’s styling, Wild Thing vibes. That looks cheap.
My dad has 460 rancher. Has been good so far. A lot of it is how you take care of them. My 562. Needs a piston already. But that is due to poor filtration from day one. I wasn’t aware of the problem right away. The older style filters let a lot of fines through if you don’t greas the seams. Even with the clone saws I think the oil makes the saw as well. That’s why I switched to amsoil saber 40:1

My dad has 460 rancher. Has been good so far. A lot of it is how you take care of them. My 562. Needs a piston already. But that is due to poor filtration from day one. I wasn’t aware of the problem right away. The older style filters let a lot of fines through if you don’t greas the seams. Even with the clone saws I think the oil makes the saw as well. That’s why I switched to amsoil saber 40:1
Knew a guy that had a 460 Rancher. He used and abused it for nearly 12 years without once doing maintenance. Never even lifted the top cover to even look at the air filter. Entire flywheel cover and engine fins were packed off with saw dust. It finally got hot and developed a small air leak that finally killed it. He went on to proclaim what a crappy cheap saw it was and he’d only buy Stihl now. Typical.

Back