Husqvarna - Still A Good Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran Husqvarna well over 30 years. My first Husqvarna a 50 special still runs fine. Might be my last new saw was a 550 Husqvarna. Been very impressed with it

My 395 sees about 10 hours a year, stumping and cutting big stuff. I expect 30 years from it at that rate. I used to expect about 3 years from my saws when used daily. Most things when used commercially are only going to give you a few good years, even a pocket knife.

Before long, maybe we’ll have saws that self-tension, self-sharpen, self-start, and self mix. We’ll wonder how we ever lived pushing levers, choke knobs, and pull cords.

In the same camp we’ve got guys splitting hairs over hand filing.

It’s interesting here on the net.
We already have that. It’s called employees. 😂

Before long, maybe we’ll have saws that self-tension, self-sharpen, self-start, and self mix. We’ll wonder how we ever lived pushing levers, choke knobs, and pull cords.

In the same camp we’ve got guys splitting hairs over hand filing.

It’s interesting here on the net.
I thought all you pros already used the Oregon easy sharp chain. Guess us home owners are on to something the pros don't know about.

I see Stihl dealers everywhere, seems like I see and read a lot about Echo chainsaws. Our local dealer who sold Husqvarna changed hands - don’t think they carry them now. I see TSC and Lowe’s carry Husqvarna.

Are Husqvarna chainsaws still a very good chain saw?

Perhaps it’s a local thing for my area, but does Husqvarna still support a dealer network? Is there still excitement over Husqvarna chainsaws? Back when they hit the scene here, they were top shelf saws.

What’s the skinny on Husqvarna chainsaws these days?

Lastly - which Husqvarna 50-ish CC chainsaw would you recommend for firewood cutting?

Thanks!
Husky 550 preferably without auto tune. Equivalent to stihl 261, I think slightly more performance out of a husky. Prefer felling with a stihl.

In western Oregon, I can count the number of Husky dealers on one hand. Far more Stihl dealers around than Husky. There are two shops that sell both. The big box stores only carry the smaller stuff. Biggest Husky I have found in a big box store is the 572.

In western Oregon, I can count the number of Husky dealers on one hand. Far more Stihl dealers around than Husky. There are two shops that sell both. The big box stores only carry the smaller stuff. Biggest Husky I have found in a big box store is the 572.

Western Oregon myself, and only found my first Husky dealer a couple years ago. They also do Stihl and Echo.

I'm a Husqvarna man but only up to the 395s
I have no use for today's Husqvarnas IMG_20220628_110526997_HDR.jpg
I run my ported 2 series mainly
266/268/272/288
And occasionally tun my 371/372/2171/2172s
I have no use for modern saws.

I'm a Husqvarna man but only up to the 395s
I have no use for today's Husqvarnas View attachment 1185223
I run my ported 2 series mainly
266/268/272/288
And occasionally tun my 371/372/2171/2172s
I have no use for modern saws.
I feel the same way. I love the 3 series Husqys over any Stihl saw, and run a 395 often. But for modern saws I might lean towards Stihl because of dealer support but would pick some Echo models first.

Latest posts

Back