Is this right? Still 032AV ELECTRONIC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtcurt

sawsnob
Reaction score
Hello, picked up a 032AV Electronic and it looks practically unused. It doesn’t want to idle when you put a chain on it. I thought it may need a seal so I opened it up to find what looks like a bearing on the outside. Is this correct? Before I drill or do whatever to get seal, out I want to make sure it’s a seal. It looks like a bearing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Highly suggest a pressure vac test before attempting crank seals, I'd start with fresh fuel, new carb guts and reset adjustments, fuel filter and plug. gas tank vent is in the fuel cap on these, check the coil gap as well. Fantastic little saws that cut like a cadillac...heavy as one too but they just chug through hard wood running a 16" bar.

Pressure test tomorrow. Will post results. I also lost all spark. It ran well for about twenty minutes today and idled fine then woomp it dies now zero spark. I’m wondering if the uneven running is ignition related.

Pull the starter cover off and take a photo. See if it has points, or a trigger

It is very unlikely that it has any seal issues. You can see the impulse line and intake manifold with a strong flash light to see any cracks. They will usually show up as a wet spot in the dust.

Most likely a carb issue. Hopefully it has bad trigger. They can be replaced easy. Bad capacitor problem has a size issue to find a replacement to fit.

Listen to the above wisdom. Diagnose first. It looks like a brand new 40 year old saw.. Check basics. Wires, hoses, rubber parts, carburetor diaphragms, etc. Remember, the ignition needs a ground to operate. And what dose metal and connections do over 40 years? CORRODE!
It has not been used alot (?) But the environment has been attacking very slowly over time. If there was any contact with fuel during that time, the fuel hose in the tank is the first to go. And the vent is in the cap.

Latest posts

Back