It's State Fair time, Chain saw on a stick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Dunlap

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an original Power Pruner, one with the smaller motor. After a year or so, PP upgraded and put a more powerful motor on the tool. It's always been a little gutless.

Last week I took it off the rack and the coupling between the motor and the shaft is broken. Now I have to decide how much to spend on repairs. this got me thinking. Does anyone know how to find a larger motor for this? I'm wondering what other applications there are for the motor so I could call around to saw shops to see what might be inthe boneyard. Or...I could send the original motor out to get Hot Rodded! Put a tune pipe on it. Yowza...rrrppp...bup...bup...zzzzz...

Tom

The original Power Pruner used an Echo weedeater powerhead. Couldn't tell you what size, probably 21-24c.c. I remember looking closely at them when they first came out. At the time I was a teenage lawn jockey and owned a lot of Echo power tools, so I recognised the powerhead immediately.

Since that thing has to be 20 years old, don't ya think it may have paid for itself by now and give it a decent burial? The current Stihl model is really nice.

Trade it even up for a pronto pup and some cheese curds, and
maybe some free midway tickets so you can feel extra cheated.
I can't believe it's fair time already, may the grease be with you!

I KNOW its an Echo unit. I want more power.

There's nothing wrong with the unit even after all of these years. Putting equipment on the junk pile when it has life left in it is foolish and a waste of resources.

I'm trying to find another motor and it seems like no one here is able to help me. If anyone knows an Echo dealer that has a decent bone yard, let me know.

Tom

Idunno what he might have, but you can call Trail Saw and Mower here in Orlando. 407-293-1861 speak to Chuck. He's the manager and has been there almost as long as I've shopped there, close to 20 years. They are the biggest Echo/Stihl dealer in the area, and for good reason.

Latest posts

Back