John's Custom Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occ3377

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a blacked out ported ms261 and like the way johns looked and even with the mixed reviews, knowing there are a lot of his saws out there that people love and have run good, i figured id give it a shot. this came about because his Facebook page became active with selling saws so i asked if he had a 261 blacked out for sale and he did. the messaging was somewhat strange so i asked for a phone number before sending the money on zelle and a strange man answered the phone and pushed for payment with no good explanation on where john was or what was going on. That was enough that i said no thanks but just thought id see if anyone knew anything because it really seems to me that he has been hacked and the new person is scamming (yes i know John might have also conned some people also)

Also does anyone do good port work and dye/customize the look of the saw also? They need to supply the saw new anyways as i don't have one.

Never cared much for the guy myself. He’s arrogant and can’t take criticism without throwing a hissy fit. Word is he got pretty heavily into drugs and screwed a bunch of people over. Took money for saws and never delivered, and even sold customer saws to fund his habit. Read this on a few forums so take it for what it is.

I was looking to buy a blacked out ported ms261 and like the way johns looked and even with the mixed reviews, knowing there are a lot of his saws out there that people love and have run good, i figured id give it a shot. this came about because his Facebook page became active with selling saws so i asked if he had a 261 blacked out for sale and he did. the messaging was somewhat strange so i asked for a phone number before sending the money on zelle and a strange man answered the phone and pushed for payment with no good explanation on where john was or what was going on. That was enough that i said no thanks but just thought id see if anyone knew anything because it really seems to me that he has been hacked and the new person is scamming (yes i know John might have also conned some people also)

Also does anyone do good port work and dye/customize the look of the saw also? They need to supply the saw new anyways as i don't have one.
gary buxton sells new saws ported, simply boil the plastics in rit dye if you want them different

Back