Jonsered 2149 modified muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone of you hot saw guys sell me a souped up muffler that I can bolt right on a stock 2149? I would like a design you have tried and know works.

I would want it to look good and not get in the way of woods cutting.

E-mail me price and delivery.

Thanks

2149 modified muffler !!!

Why not do it yourself? I just did my 044 after getting the hole dimensions from KDHOTSAW. The hardest part is finding the stainless steel screen for the spark arrestor. I know some guys just weld in pipes, but KD's advice I used one. The exhaust can suck in outside debris. If you need more help E-mail me. Rich.

Last edited:
Hey Rich, I had a hard time finding material for the spark arrestor also. I ended up finding what they call woven wire mesh. You can get it in stainless steel as well as other materials. It's pretty cheap, about $5.00 to $6.00 for a 12"x12" sheet of stainless. It comes in many different mesh sizes, it's measured by wire size. hole size and holes per square inch. Let me know if you want more info.

Jeff

Dennis, I tried.....none of the local dealers stock any of them. A 12x12 sheet was cheaper than ordering a stock screen!:eek:

Back