Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A picture of a pair of 2153's. A 2153c, top and a 2153cwh deluxe, bottom.

DSC_0024.jpg

Jonsered 80

When I was a faller in WA, OR and CO, I always ran Husky 2100's, with the same saw as backup. Then one day, I was in a saw shop in Montrose, CO because one of my 2100's was stolen and I was offered a freshly rebuilt Jonsered 80 for a 'back up ' saw. Lots of compression and a nicely done saw overall. A little dated even then, as the newer 'turbo' Jonsereds were out. I took it with the idea that if I liked the brand, I'd buy a newer model.

Well...the 80 only had a 24" bar and so it really was just a 'back up' saw. Even so it received a lot of use...great limb 'er! Then I quit and went into the sheep business. Had a big farm and used the 80 all the time. Bought a bunch of factory parts because they were rapidly disappearing. Saw kept going and now 28 yrs later, it' still going all the time in my fencing business. Always was a beetch about vapor locking if you parked 'er in the sun. Just make sure it was in the shade and no problem.

I always wanted to try the 1020(?)....I think it was about the same size as the Husky 2100. If I ever see one up close, I'll probably buy one.;-) Oh yeah, I know you're expecting me to say the 2100 gave up the ghost yrs ago...wrong. I just cleared some Yellow pine that averaged 5.5' at the butt with it-for a customer on his property. Sure got my blood pumping again.:chainsaw:

I can't find skip-tooth chisel chain anymore in .050 gauge like I used to have, so I'm buying a little bigger bar (28") to fit the 80, milling out the bar grove to fit .063 gauge skip tooth. I have it on good authority that this will work and the saw is powerful enough. Be the best of both worlds if it works and doubtless, the big Husky will be used even less. I'm older, it's heavy.;-)

Kevin

New to me 625

I aquired a like new 625 over the Labor Day weekend. Just got done cleaning it up. This saw has seen very little use. I cut a dead birch tree for my future father-in-law, and he gave me the saw as payment. This thing runs really well. All I had to do was put new gas and a plug in it and away it went!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

I always wanted to try the 1020(?)....I think it was about the same size as the Husky 2100. ....

It was, it was the Partner P100 Super in a red dress - at least some of them even were yellow under the red paint! :)

The 910 was the last pure Jonsereds, in the upper cc class.

As I have been told the story, Jonsereds had plans for a 100cc version of the 910, but that was stopped by E-lux/Husky - and the rebadged 1020 was the result.....

Last edited:
I willing to bet neither one of them is really a "c" anymore.

That "C" sure is annoying, as is the green gas cap! :cheers:

I am sure that Jack fixed the real issues + some - but that annoying letter is still there......:censored:

They sell decales, don't they?

My 2153WH never was a "C" - those are not popular here......

It was, it was the Partner P100 Super in a red dress - at least some of them even were yellow under the red paint! :)

The 910 was the last pure Jonsereds, in the upper cc class.

As I have been told the story, Jonsereds had plans for a 100cc version of the 910, but that was stopped by E-lux/Husky - and the rebadged 1020 was the result.....

OK, well come to think of it....this guy I knew in the saw shop in Montrose, was the one who talked me into the 80 as a back-up saw. I also was in error...I immediately put a 28" bar on it with .404 skip-tooth chisel from Baileys.

After looking at the file pic, I think he personally owned a 910E. He'd had a bad experience with a CO gypo (no surprise there, ha!) and was hangin' out in this saw shop helping repair saws. I told him where I was fallin' and he came out one day with his personal 910. I wasn't into timber that day where we could pit the 910 against the Husky 2100. I thought it was a really nice saw though by its performance-lighter than the 2100 at least. I can't remember his bar size...maybe 36", maybe less.

Well then, maybe I should look for a used 910...I don't understand the 'E' and the info I saw was that it was only made in '79....also the 'EV', don't understand that designation as well?

Kevin

Last edited:
OK, well come to think of it....
Well then, maybe I should look for a used 910...I don't understand the 'E' and the info I saw was that it was only made in '79....also the 'EV', don't understand that designation as well?

Kevin

The "E" probably was for electronic ignition, but I don't remember what the "V" was for right now - I don't have my documentation handy at the moment......

Latest posts

Back