Let's Start a Muff Mod Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Andy said that a flat screen over a hole restricts it pretty good with just a little carbon buildup and his method with the screen tube inside had a lot more area to help with that. I don't run screens on mine.

The screen I use was recommended by Mastermind. 67% open. Stainless steel mesh from amazon. I don't think carbon would build up. I like using screens to prevent objects getting in.

Helpful video for MS290, 310, 390 family

Louder isn't necessarily better or more powerful. Baffles are sometimes designed to improve flow @ specific RPM. Think cars with "tuned exhaust", "tuned intake" and the geometry of car engine header tubes. These are all built like musical instruments to RESONATE at a specific frequency(RPM). If you can do this to your saw, BAM, power band. If you want it to "look cool" just go ahead and hang some "danglies" (bar fastening devices) off the rear handle and make it match the hitch on your truck.

Here's a couple examples dealing with cars but the same techniques and theories apply

Hope this was helpful

thankyou for posting you work , I found it very helpful, you didn't say what fuel oil mix you run and what ratio, I use a Castrol synthetic and a 98 octain unleaded fuel at 25 to 1

duqevuza.jpg
3ute5y9y.jpg
. This is my 2188. Pipe goes thru to other side of muff, with long pipe and little ports inside of pipe it pulls some exhaust back into muff for some back pressure but still let's it breath ,1in pipe. Quiets a little too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Its gonna be loud as hell

YUP!

those of us NOT in the trade don't need to worry about noise.

This one will wake the dead. It was my first chainsaw mod after coming to these pages.

The 361 was THE saw to cure every diabolical illness known to man.

Rumor was the 359 was just as stout if'n it could breath?

Let's just say I let her breath!

1899.jpg

Back