Lil red barn ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fact^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
I never posted a negative comment as far as I can remember. I did have an issue with a piston and circlip, maybe my fault however never had an issue before and since. I simply asked the seller if the had cylinder or kit or if they new of one for my brush saw. They are kinda hard to find

I bought a Poulan piston from them. It wasn't close to being the same as the original. Compression height was much lower, and skirt was shorter too. I presented photos of it with OEM and asked for a return.

Without any contact LRB refunded my money and didn't ask for the item to be returned.

I didn't know they had banned me till like a year later when I tried to buy something else.

Only a real piece of ***t company and people would act like that.

I have to also say Chainsawr fits that description too. I ordered a Jonsered 930 top cyl cover from them, they sent a 920 top cover. They tried to tell me that they were the same part. Finally got refunded but was told not to do business with them again.

Many of the internet vendors have gone that same route, if they send you the incorrect part it would be the best to just suck it up if you ever want to do business with them again under the same name. We all make mistakes , I own up to mine but these companies evidently will not, they ban you instead. I have been blocked by many , they sent me the wrong part, I let them know and did not even ask for a replacement or refund they just blocked me so I have my ways and means to get around that but its childish behavior on their part. When they sell a piston to fit a MS440 as their add states then the piston with a 10 mm pin does not fit the MS440 it fits the 044 that has the 10 mm crank, don`t let them know,they could care less and will block you for letting them know.

I've bought stuff on both Amazon and Ebay that was defective although it's been a bit since I ordered something from Ebay. I usually get an email from the seller asking me to contact them first if there is a problem before posting a review to work it out. In all cases so far, the sellers have offered a partial or full refund, partial if the item was still useable but not what what was pictured and full if I returned the product and a few told me to keep it with no problems.

One seller on Gunbroker flammed then blocked me. I bought some ammo from his business and after a few weeks sent an email because I didn't hear from him. A few weeks later I sent another and several days later I got the stuff in the mail. My comments were that the items were as described but the seller took very long to ship and there was no communication. Pretty honest but he went ballistic, told everyone not to sell to me and blocked me. Complaint to Gunbroker got that post removed but I've not bought from there since.

One seller that I ordered a complete rebuild kit for a small saw from sent one that was not the same as factory. A few emails back and forth and they sent me another one free of charge and told me to keep the one I had. The new one didn't work either. I sent them more messages and included the serial number from the saw and pictures side by side had us both baffled as they said that was the right one for that saw according to their books. They just refunded my money.

Many of the internet vendors have gone that same route, if they send you the incorrect part it would be the best to just suck it up if you ever want to do business with them again under the same name. We all make mistakes , I own up to mine but these companies evidently will not, they ban you instead. I have been blocked by many , they sent me the wrong part, I let them know and did not even ask for a replacement or refund they just blocked me so I have my ways and means to get around that but its childish behavior on their part. When they sell a piston to fit a MS440 as their add states then the piston with a 10 mm pin does not fit the MS440 it fits the 044 that has the 10 mm crank, don`t let them know,they could care less and will block you for letting them know.

I've ran into that looking for parts for a 1952 Ferguson TO30 engine.

Parts described as "used but in working order". This was a valve rocker shaft assy. I asked the seller if the shaft/rockers had noticeable wear and if he could post pictures? I didn't want a already worn out item that would need to be returned; I sent him pictures of my assy.

TO30 rocker shaft bottom.jpgTO30 rocker bushing bottom.jpgTO30 rocker bushing.jpg

I got a load of
1 steaming ****.png

reply.

Seller stated he had impeccable feedback and I wanted a "new" part for a 70 year old tractor. I replied no, I just wanted an accurate knowledge of the parts condition.

He then insulted me further and said he's dealt with "hundreds" of "buyers like me".......banned.

I should have bought the part, then asked for a return to give the POS negative feedback. I didn't have the time to play games with him, and wait for shipping....

An analogy, would be buying a used cylinder here, and asking for pictures of the plating.

I've ran into that looking for parts for a 1952 Ferguson TO30 engine.

Parts described as "used but in working order". This was a valve rocker shaft assy. I asked the seller if the shaft/rockers had noticeable wear and if he could post pictures? I didn't want a already worn out item that would need to be returned; I sent him pictures of my assy.

View attachment 1207231View attachment 1207232View attachment 1207233

I got a load of
View attachment 1207219

reply.

Seller stated he had impeccable feedback and I wanted a "new" part for a 70 year old tractor. I replied no, I just wanted an accurate knowledge of the parts condition.

He then insulted me further and said he's dealt with "hundreds" of "buyers like me".......banned.

I should have bought the part, then asked for a return to give the POS negative feedback. I didn't have the time to play games with him, and wait for shipping....

An analogy, would be buying a used cylinder here, and asking for pictures of the plating.
For me it has been mostly new parts sold as fitting a certain model saw but when it arrives it was not the correct part, such as receiving a starter recoil sold for fitting an Stihl 064 but was actually for a 046, I kept it as that would fit many of the saws I already have, I was shorted on other parts in the same order, paid for 5 but only received 3 so I contacted the seller just to let them know, did not ask for a refund or anything else just let them know I was short shipped and the recoil cover was not for a 064 that I was building. Got a return message that they don`t make mistakes and on my next time I tried to buy from them I found I was blocked . Another vendor often mentioned on here also blocked me when I let them know they also short shipped on the number of piston rings I paid for but when I let them know got no reply just found I was blocked from their site. I have never ever left bad reviews for any internet vendor, I have always tried contacting them first but that gets you no where if they block you.

I have never ever left bad reviews for any internet vendor, I have always tried contacting them first but that gets you no where if they block you.

One of the reasons that I've pretty much switched to Amazon outside of vendors I've had recommended. Even if someone blocks you on Amazon you can appeal to them and if you use Paypal you can go that route too. Very few want to get Amazon angry and you can get a refund from them if you have to.

For me it has been mostly new parts sold as fitting a certain model saw but when it arrives it was not the correct part, such as receiving a starter recoil sold for fitting an Stihl 064 but was actually for a 046, I kept it as that would fit many of the saws I already have, I was shorted on other parts in the same order, paid for 5 but only received 3 so I contacted the seller just to let them know, did not ask for a refund or anything else just let them know I was short shipped and the recoil cover was not for a 064 that I was building. Got a return message that they don`t make mistakes and on my next time I tried to buy from them I found I was blocked . Another vendor often mentioned on here also blocked me when I let them know they also short shipped on the number of piston rings I paid for but when I let them know got no reply just found I was blocked from their site. I have never ever left bad reviews for any internet vendor, I have always tried contacting them first but that gets you no where if they block you.
See this is exactly what I was getting at. I know what a difficult customer is.I have sold a t some stuff on eBay, still do. But to simply ban you do to there incompetence is baffling

I've gotten wrong parts too. A NOS 064 P/C cylinder. I didn't need it right away so just checked new and 52mm bore. Turned out to be for a 048. Kept that one and resold it to get $$$ back

I use paypal to have recourse now, used to use US Postal MO. Had a problem with no show ebay parts, from "Cheap XXXXX XXXXX". Post office was no help, seller got -feedback.

If I remember his name was Bryce.

US postal MO 1.jpg

The new fad is to block buyers that review negatively or return trash products
That applies to Amazon as well. Negative comments are not posted on a product review, only positive ones allowed.

The only commercial seller's website that publishes ALL reviews, negative, neutral or positive is Harbor Freight. Been a HF junkie for years and I always post reviews of their products, good, bad or excellent.

I had a review declined on Amazon, resubmitted it and got declined again so I said hell with it. I bought a bulk pack of Stihl nylon trimmer blades the seller claimed were genuine Stihl and they weren't. The were a cheap Chinese copy and inferior to the genuine product. I kept them (they don't last nearly as long as genuine Stihl nylon blades but the price was excellent so, like a fool, I ordered them and left a negative review and like I stated, it was rejected simply because I didn't state they were excellent and recommended, which was not true.

Just had another incident with an automotive supply company on the net, CarID. I ordered a couple items for my Focus RS, a complete AC clutch kit, a ratcheting alternator pulley which is required on the car's alternator and mine was getting noisy and the front Ford badge that goes in the center of the grill. Everything was good except the emblem which got bent in shipping (it was shipped in a Tyvek bag, Fed-Ex and got bent is shipping (it's aluminum btw). I initiated a return to CarID, was told they would issue a RMA and send me a pre paid Fed-Ex return label and after repeated email's to them because I didn't get squat, they started rejecting my emails and I tried calling them but they never returned my calls either. Keep in mind that this isn't a cheap emblem either. My cost with them was over 50 bucks and I finally just ordered one from my local Ford dealer for a bit more in price, but I now have 2 of them. One perfectly fine, which I installed on my vehicle and the bent one that is for all intents and pouposes a nice paperweight.

I will never do business with CarID ever again and I most likely will report them to the BBB. I own and operate a business and I would never treat my customers like that. In fact, the line of custom motorcycle parts we produce here are backed by a money back guarantee. if you are not 100% satisfied with our products, we off a 100% refund and we also pay the ship cost to return the items to us. I don't play that crap, never will and it's most likely why we have repeat customers and stay in business in this very competitive society we live in. Honestly, I can say that in all the years we have been producing custom parts, we have had maybe 3 items returned. of course that business is just intertwined with the machine and fab shop but even with that, we offer a 100% guarantee of quality and we have many. may repeat customers in that venue as well and we deal with automotive which has to be the hardest industry today to deal with. they want everything at rock bottom cost and they want it yesterday as well.

Rant over.....

I've gotten wrong parts too. A NOS 064 P/C cylinder. I didn't need it right away so just checked new and 52mm bore. Turned out to be for a 048. Kept that one and resold it to get $$$ back

I use paypal to have recourse now, used to use US Postal MO. Had a problem with no show ebay parts, from "Cheap XXXXX XXXXX". Post office was no help, seller got -feedback.

If I remember his name was Bryce.

View attachment 1207237

He is actually a member on this site, I am blocked from from his Ebay store. CCP.

I hope he's following this thread. In the past I'd got some decent stuff like NOS Stihl piston/rings ~$40 USD.

I'll never do business with him again.
He does have a large inventory of vintage saw parts, tractor trailer loads actually , what he needs is more staff to handle the orders and to be able and willing to correct orders if there are mistakes made, none of us are perfect. I dealt with him from the early 2000`s and got hundreds of correct parts but it took only one incident for the whole thing to go sideways, no return or refund asked for from me but got banned anyway. I still buy from there just under a different name.

I have to say, CarID was the first time I've ever had any issue with a online retailer. I have really excellent service and correct parts from Rock Auto as well as 1A Auto and I buy from both of them regularly as I have a number of vehicles both personally owned and company owned and I like doing my own repairs and upkeep anyway. Only online retailer I've dealt with concerning chainsaws is the outfit in PA, 'Saw It Again' and they ship promptly, are reasonably priced and follow up to makes sure I received my order and it was correct.

I like that type of business ethic myself because we practice that as well and is probably the main reason why we are still in business and growing. Do keep in mind that we don't nor will we ever get into selling saw parts. Not something that interests me at all but I do like doing business with upstanding sellers, but then all my chainsaw mods are limited to gutting mufflers and other inconsequential stuff. Never even taken the cylinder off any of my saws and don't plant to with maybe the exception of my 40+ year old 028. it's probably going to need new fuel and impulse tubing pretty soon and maybe crank seals but I know where they will come from. Still runs like a scalded dog and always starts on the 2nd pull as well, no matter how long it sits and of course it's on canned (Red Armor) 50-1 fuel.

Gotten away from Stihl and went to Echo simply because Echo's are quality chainsaws and still somewhat reasonably priced.... and easy to gut the mufflers on as well.

It's so sad to see small businesses go the way of the dodo because of this BS. A local fellow was selling parts out of his shop and has since shut down but it was great to stop in and get parts from an older fellow. No online interactions at all, just walk in and he had tens of thousands of saws that were abandoned for parts and probably a thousand others that were runners of all vintages and makes. Makes me want to start up where he left off.

Latest posts

Back