Need Help Identifying MCculloch Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How570

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked This Up Out Of An Old Garage ,Been Sitting For Years ,Anyone Know The Model Of This saw ,Any Thoughts On Model ,Good? Bad ? ,Not Real Familiar With These McCulloch,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 0
It is a 1-45. The basic cylinder block could have been made into a 1-42 or 1-45 but that one got the 1-45 treatment. Better for you as the 1-45 has bearings in the piston (1-42 is just a bushing) and many 1-42 models did not include the lower brace. 80cc, manual oiler only.

Most of the 1-45 models came with the Walbro/MAC flatback carburetors. While they are a bit different, I think they actually perform better than the Tillotson HL counterparts. The flatback is a bit more sensitive to adjustments, and the primers often leak...

Mark

It's a 1-45 Mac.

A series of those Macs about same on parts/pieces.
1-40's, 1-50's, 250's.

Heavy saws, low speed, lots of torque, I've got some that I play with. I only use them after a log is down on the ground.
Just set the saw on top of the log and let the big 404 chain and weight of the saw do the cutting. Can drink a cup of coffee while it's cutting.

I converted the finelky flat back carbs to the Tillotson carb.
They have a sound of their own.

Does yours start and run?? Parts can be found on flea bay and some at chainsawr.com. I have a SERVICE manual that covers most all of them.
I have a 1-43 that has OEM owners manual and it's a low hour saw with the OEM chain and bar. Hard to start coming out of storage if you don't know their recipe for a cold start. (for most all of them series)
Mark Heimannm in the above post is the resident expert on Mac's. He helped me get mine going as I got experience with them.

It's a 1-45 Mac.

1-40's, 1-50's, 250's.

Heavy saws, low speed, lots of torque, I've got some that I play with. I only use them after a log is down on the ground.
Just set the saw on top of the log and let the big 404 chain and weight of the saw do the cutting. Can drink a cup of coffee while it's cutting.

Does yours start and run?? Parts can be found on flea bay and some at chainsawr.com. I have a SERVICE manual that covers most all of them.
I have a 1-43 that has OEM owners manual and it's a low hour saw with the OEM chain and bar. Hard to start coming out of storage if you don't know their recipe for a cold start. (for most all of them series)

Bruce Heimannm in the above post is the resident expert on Mac's. He helped me get mine going as I got experience with them.
Hello Okie, I recently acquired a 250 but don't know very much about it. I assume it is older than my 795, is that correct? Do you know what years the 250 was produced, and is there a way to tell the actual year my saw was made? If you have the manual in digital, that would be a great help. If so, could you post a link please, thanks :)

It is a 1-45. The basic cylinder block could have been made into a 1-42 or 1-45 but that one got the 1-45 treatment. Better for you as the 1-45 has bearings in the piston (1-42 is just a bushing) and many 1-42 models did not include the lower brace. 80cc, manual oiler only.

Most of the 1-45 models came with the Walbro/MAC flatback carburetors. While they are a bit different, I think they actually perform better than the Tillotson HL counterparts. The flatback is a bit more sensitive to adjustments, and the primers often leak...

Mark
Thanks For All The Great Info There,The Saw Is In Really Great Shape And Was Sold At A Local Dealer Here Close To Me According To A Sticker Thats On It,I Cleaned It All Up Good But I Have No Spark So I’ll Have To Try And Sand The Points And See If That Does It,I Appreciate Your Knowledge

It's a 1-45 Mac.

1-40's, 1-50's, 250's.

Mark Heimannm in the above post is the resident expert on Mac's. He helped me get mine going as I got experience with them.
Thank You,Haven’t Got It To Run Yet ,Has A Spark Issue But Cylinder ,Gas Tank And Everything Is Super Clean,These Macs Are Different To Work On Than What I’m Used To But I’m Havin Fun Learning

Latest posts

Back