Lil red barn ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, people believe whatever they want. Personally , I think if you took that 30 to 50% over reach that the unions demanded and put it in to making better cars we would have made better cars.

And, quite likely several times more good paying union jobs.

Old saying, greed always makes you poorer.

Anyhow, that is what I believe. You are not going to change it. I am not going to change what you believe.

And, I don't use Little Red Barn because they ship to slow.
Unfortunately your beliefs aren't based on anything other than your feelings.
FWIW wages in the auto industry haven't been that great since 2008. Prior to that, it wasn't wages that really caused the companies grief. It was under funded pension and Healthcare benefits.

This was before the last contract, but you get an idea. $33 an hour is dog **** pay in today's world. We hire entry level operators for $10 more per hour, of course the work is a little more involved than bolting a car together.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...much-uaw-workers-earn-comparison/71159764007/
Add in benefits and bonus your at $66per hour for basically an unskilled worker . Article from ISA Today also
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2023/09/20/uaw-ceo-salary-levels-strike-issue/70915285007/

Unfortunately your beliefs aren't based on anything other than your feelings.
FWIW wages in the auto industry haven't been that great since 2008. Prior to that, it wasn't wages that really caused the companies grief. It was under funded pension and Healthcare benefits.

Laugh out loud. Like yours aren't.

Wonder why they have not been great since 2008 ? They are like the snake that ate it's tale.

They smothered the U.S. auto industry and killed themselves.

Simple actually.

Problem is they took unions in general down in the whirl pool.

Laugh out loud. Like yours aren't.

Wonder why they have not been great since 2008 ? They are like the snake that ate it's tale.

They smothered the U.S. auto industry and killed themselves.

Simple actually.

Problem is they took unions in general down in the whirl pool.
You have no clue and no experience. Well outside your wheel house.
Everything I said is true and can be fact checked.

Regardless its not great money.
Still unskilled labor . So not regardless

137k a year with vacations and time off when retooling . Friend made more with unemployment and his cut pay during the retooling . He worked at the Tarrytown plant he also took the move to Maryland when they shuddered the NY plant . They gave him a huge incentive bonus to move . He went for the last 3 years of his employment with GM .

He used to work part time at my uncles body shop . He wouldn’t come in on Fridays because he and the guys would have “lunch” at the local bar . And go back to the plant my uncle told him he couldn’t work after drinking this was the late 70s early 80s . Nothing was said to him at GM .

Still unskilled labor . So not regardless

137k a year with vacations and time off when retooling . Friend made more with unemployment and his cut pay during the retooling . He worked at the Tarrytown plant he also took the move to Maryland when they shuddered the NY plant . They gave him a huge incentive bonus to move . He went for the last 3 years of his employment with GM .

He used to work part time at my uncles body shop . He wouldn’t come in on Fridays because he and the guys would have “lunch” at the local bar . And go back to the plant my uncle told him he couldn’t work after drinking this was the late 70s early 80s . Nothing was said to him at GM .
To make 137k off $33 per hour you are working a pile of overtime. $33 per hour is around $68k a year, which indont think anyone would say is steller money.
We hire laborers for that sort of money and trainees that know nothing make close to $10 more.
In the 70's lots of guys drank their lunch. Times change and that has 40-50 years ago.

To make 137k off $33 per hour you are working a pile of overtime. $33 per hour is around $68k a year, which indont think anyone would say is steller money.
We hire laborers for that sort of money and trainees that know nothing make close to $10 more.
In the 70's lots of guys drank their lunch. Times change and that has 40-50 years ago.
Umm you have to put in benifits and bonuses like the Article stated they didn’t put in overtime .

And what is you do ? Is it skilled labor ?

Do you pay their benifits on par with the automakers ? Do you pay your laborers a bonus ?

30-50 years ago was the big decline in the American auto industry as was being discussed

Regardless its not great money.
I beg to differ. $33/hr for unskilled labor is dang good money ESPECIALLY if it doesn't take into account bonuses or benefits. That's almost $70k/yr. Most places don't pay that for an entry level engineering position, and those positions don't normally pay over time. I've worked a minimum of 50hrs per week for most of my life. $33/hr and 50hrs/wk with OT is over 93k per year. If an unskilled worker can't raise a family and have a good retirement on that, they have a serious spending problem. If you're starting pay for unskilled labor is over $80k, you company is run by fools and is not likely to survive.

I beg to differ. $33/hr for unskilled labor is dang good money ESPECIALLY if it doesn't take into account bonuses or benefits. That's almost $70k/yr. Most places don't pay that for an entry level engineering position, and those positions don't normally pay over time. I've worked a minimum of 50hrs per week for most of my life. $33/hr and 50hrs/wk with OT is over 93k per year. If an unskilled worker can't raise a family and have a good retirement on that, they have a serious spending problem. If you're starting pay for unskilled labor is over $80k, you company is run by fools and is not likely to survive.
Well, it's been in business for nearly 100 years so I think we will do just fine.
You are also assuming it's all unskilled labor.

Latest posts

Back