Lucas Ethanol treatment good, bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not just older plastic and rubber parts that can be damaged by ethanol, ethanol can also damage metals, ethanol by itself is mildly corrosive, as it accumulates water from the air and other sources the corrosive effects magnify, at a high enough water concintration microbes can grow in the fuel/alcohol/water mixture. The waste products of this microbial growth is extremely corrosive.

Not a problem in your daily driver but ope, boats, RV'S and other items that have extended down time can be sverely damaged by ethanol.

Ethanol is also working against your 2 stroke oil, alcohol will keep oil in solution until the alcohol boils off. Changing the distribution of oil in a two stroke engine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lol...c'mon man. You have to be trolling with this stuff right?

You expect *** companies to ignore their largest markets because politically motivated, feel good legislature produced a law that diminishes the quality of the very fuel that feeds their products? I'm quite sure they know the damage that ethanol does and their work around is to advise you not to use it as it may POSSIBLY void your warranty. All of the *** makers mention this in their owner's manuals. Here is a nice little visual aide from Echo:
http://www.echo-usa.com/Images/warranty/Ethanol/ethanol-infographic.jpg

ETA: not sure why O P E outdoor power equipment was censored. Weird...
Sorry don't quite understand what you are trying to say but I like the infographic that you presented. But I still donot recomend any type of stabil treatment, I find it much smarter to limit the amount you are storing. With that you have a better control over your equipment.

The ethanol is not the issue here gentlemen it is leaving it in your saws for an extended length of time that is the issue.
This is the most important sentence in this thread!
7 do they still have the mixing stations for the mopeds in your area?
Been some time since I have seen one. Last time is a few years back on the countryside. Thinking about buying one of the old manual systems, they were really cool.

...Only mix a gallon at a time and dump it in the car what I don't use and mix a new batch after 30 days. No problems yet.
Very good technique! I don't have a gas car, but I dump the old mix, if I ever have any in the lawnmower/-tractor or diluted in the scooter & motorcycle. For me driving 3 x to my workplace and back(~ 62miles) is a tankfull in the motorcycle. So there is never a chance for anything to age.

Back