Makita -Dolmar 6400 $399 is that good ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill268xp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i,m looking at a makita dcs 6400 20 3/8 .50. Is this a good saw? It comes with a 3 year warranty . The price is $399.00 brand new 4.8 bhp. I did a little goggle work and it seems to be a dolmar ps6400. I would like to hear from someone that owned one of these saws. It seems to be a great price,but i,m thinking you guys would know more then most . well i,m grateful for any feedback.happy holidays . Its not that I need another saw but this sounds like a real good deal . thanks for your time Bill:dizzy:

400$ is for 64cc pro saw is a good price. run and when she gets tired or you want more get your self the Piston and cylinder kit for a Dolmar PS7900 and you have an 80cc saw.

yes I just bought it on ebay from a power seller 100% feed back and 709 feed back and they give a 30 day money back guaranty.well I hope you guys are right . it was only $6.99 for shipping . well we will see what i get it,s either really good or i just got ripped off only time will tell.I,m going to have to check every day and pray my wife does not find it first.lol:confused:

yes I just bought it on ebay from a power seller 100% feed back and 709 feed back and they give a 30 day money back guaranty.well I hope you guys are right . it was only $6.99 for shipping . well we will see what i get it,s either really good or i just got ripped off only time will tell.I,m going to have to check every day and pray my wife does not find it first.lol:confused:

Can you post the link to the item?

I got my Makita/Dolmar 6401/6400 from Toolking.com refurbed for 289. But it wasnt instock so I had to wait-but a worth waiting for. Maybe too much weight vs hp for Sawtroll :) , but runs well enough for me. Dolmar seems to make a fine product.:chainsaw:

I got my Makita/Dolmar 6401/6400 from Toolking.com refurbed for 289. But it wasnt instock so I had to wait-but a worth waiting for. Maybe too much weight vs hp for Sawtroll :) , but runs well enough for me. Dolmar seems to make a fine product.:chainsaw:

Looks like the only Makita chainsaw that Toolking has listed on their web-sight right now is the cordless model. Seems like I am always a day late and more then a dollar short.

Looks like the only Makita chainsaw that Toolking has listed on their web-sight right now is the cordless model. Seems like I am always a day late and more then a dollar short.

Toolking sells mostly refmanufactured products and the availability is a crap shoot at best.

The eBay auction selling these Makita DCS6401-20 saws for 399 dollars is a great deal.:)

I've had mine for about 3 months now. I've run 6 or 7 tanks through it and it just keeps getting stronger and more impressive. I am thinking about buying another one and putting the 7200 piston/jug kit on it :clap:

Chris

Angelo, the 7900 is smooth as silk. The 6400 would be a little porky for the hp, but it is the same chassis as the 7900 which has awesome hp/weight.
Scott

McC,
I hear that all the time about the 7900. that was why I went to see the Makita 6400. I don't get how a higher output "smooths" out a power plant but everybody swears by it.
I don't see how the anti-vibration works either. My mental picture is of the proverbial "Bull in the China shop". Sounds like a brute.
hope to someday get a chance at playing with one.
A

Thanks for the feed back I purchased after reading only a few comments from you guys. I really did not need much encouragement HA! HA! but I have read so much about this saw that I,m like a little wound up about getting it. the only thing that seems to be a draw back is the big bore up-grade is over $ 200.00 BUT FOR WHAT i PAID FOR THE SAW it will all even out and I can wait until next x-mass for the upgrade. I really appreciate all your comments thank fellows happy holidays Bill:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back