Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a having 661 apart it almost seems the way stihl set this thing up they didn't want people modding them..almost limited to what you can do..I'm looking forward to your idea randy..I was thinking of trying something different other than welding but haven't found the right material yet

I'd hate to have to epoxy the intake on all these 661s. I'm gonna predict that when I raise the intake floor to 78 - 80 degrees.....this engine will come alive.

I'd like to see 101/118/78 in this short stroke motor.

I'd hate to have to epoxy the intake on all these 661s. I'm gonna predict that when I raise the intake floor to 78 - 80 degrees.....this engine will come alive.

I'd like to see 101/118/78 in this short stroke motor.
I think you are right about getting the intake under control it would be one hell of a monster! My idea was some sort of intake stuffer made of plastic with a lip to the outside that the intake boot would go over to help hold it place...and glued or silicone to the bottom of the intake tract...let the flaming begin!:cry::cheers:

No flames from me. I'm all ears when it comes to this sort of stuff.

After running your 056/066 monster.....I knew that you had a good grasp of what it takes to make a serious work saw.

Wigglesworth and myself have spent hundreds of hours on the phone brainstorming these two stroke machines. What we've concluded is that almost everything we've read over the years was bullshat. Too many people read stuff that relates to sleds and bikes, then they think it will work on a saw engine. They seem to overlook the fact that a saw engine has a shorter stroke, a smaller impulse driven carb, and no tuned pipe. That changes everything......

After running your 056/066 monster.....I knew that you had a good grasp of what it takes to make a serious work saw.

Wigglesworth and myself have spent hundreds of hours on the phone brainstorming these two stroke machines. What we've concluded is that almost everything we've read over the years was bullshat. Too many people read stuff that relates to sleds and bikes, then they think it will work on a saw engine. They seem to overlook the fact that a saw engine has a shorter stroke, a smaller impulse driven carb, and no tuned pipe. That changes everything......
This is a really good post!
Well l have a new 661 on my bucket list but l think its about third inline after a 390xp and ms150t. Until then my M/Mind ms660 will have to do. I would love to know whether some of the good stuff like spring av, dawgs, clutch cover with captive nuts ect can be put on a 660 from a 661. I love the torque of muh porded sucsuxty.

hero.jpg

:rolleyes::clap:

Latest posts

Back