McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIB Pro Mac 800

Here are some pics of my recently aquired NIB PM800. The only bummer about the whole thing is that there was some corrosion on the rear of the handle, you can see it in the first picture. The box showed no signs of water damage at all, so I can only imagine there was a little moisture or dirt under the paint in the manufacturing process. Just further proof this was meant to do work, not sit in a box looking pretty. :chainsaw:

PM800rear.jpg

PM800top.jpg

PM800left.jpg

PM800right.jpg

PM800front.jpg

Here are some pics of my recently aquired NIB PM800. The only bummer about the whole thing is that there was some corrosion on the rear of the handle, you can see it in the first picture. The box showed no signs of water damage at all, so I can only imagine there was a little moisture or dirt under the paint in the manufacturing process. Just further proof this was meant to do work, not sit in a box looking pretty. :chainsaw:

]

Sweet! Beautiful saw.....Congratulations!!!

:clap:

PM800front.jpg

Looks fantastic. I love NIB saws. Sorry about the creeping white death. It's the bain of magnesium saws. It may just be the pic..............but to me it looks like you may have some more WD creeping up on you under the paint on the front raised edge of the gank. Looks kinda lumpy. Hope it is just the picture...:confused:

Looks fantastic. I love NIB saws. Sorry about the creeping white death. It's the bain of magnesium saws. It may just be the pic..............but to me it looks like you may have some more WD creeping up on you under the paint on the front raised edge of the gank. Looks kinda lumpy. Hope it is just the picture...:confused:

I see that to...OMG the humanity! You better hurry up and fuel that ting up before it wastes away :cheers:

Lets see and hear that thing run...I really like the looks of those and the Sp81's so I might have some shopping to do

Jim, I have to agree with Eccentric. I have some assorted NOS, yellow-painted replacement parts still in the plastic bags that are showing obvious signs of Mag corrosion. The yellow finished parts are not supposed to be lumpy. (It also happens to the black-painted parts also. The wrinkle and spatter/texture types of paint just hide it better than the smooth yellow ones.) I don't think McCulloch used much, if any, primer on their parts. I also think that they never anticipated their saws lasting as long as they have. The way the corrosion travels underneath the paint is something else. Reminds me of the Emerald Ash borer larvae.

The window port Jacob talks about,
I believe is a 101 kart piston. I have
one and will most likely put it in a
797 as long as i have the correct rod.

Lee

Yes, it's the 101A piston and is the same height as the M/C101 piston but had the windows and cut-outs for the boost ports. I'll post some pics of the various pistons tonight.

Sweet looking indeed, but that looks like an 18" Yooper bar; I seem to recall a nice new Black Mac bar with that saw when it left home...

Mark

I did buy a handfull of the yooper bars for current and future 10-10's. But this one is a slightly used 28 incher. My OCD almost wouldn't let me put the used bar on this saw, but the checkbook won out. If I were keeping it new, the new 28 incher would have went on it.

PM800-1.jpg

Nice looking Super 250. Does it run or is it a super clean project saw?

havent tried to start it yet but has spark and commpression so should be ok.
if it needs some work i will ask you ;) and everyone on here :chainsawguy:

havent tried to start it yet but has spark and commpression so should be ok.
if it needs some work i will ask you ;) and everyone on here :chainsawguy:

Where are all these nice Super 250's hiding?

It looks really nice...Hope it runs good too!

:cheers:

Back