McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look it up to even know what you were talking about Allen.

20240724_074948.jpg

I know that I have found one, maybe two on saws that I was working on but they are usually gone (see Item 16).

1721826461996.png

The 125 IPL's all show it, but it is not included on the SP105 IPL's that I've looked at.

Mark

I had to look it up to even know what you were talking about Allen.

I know that I have found one, maybe two on saws that I was working on but they are usually gone (see Item 16).

The 125 IPL's all show it, but it is not included on the SP105 IPL's that I've looked at.

Mark
I believe this has been discussed between Alan and I in MacHalla as well. I guess it is ok to have a few parts left over after assembly LOL

Yes i did and your Correct Max it did not come with one
So we have yet another McCulloch enigma then (Like between Mark and I we haven't found enough lol).

Why did they put a part on a saw in R & D and engineering, then not bother to install it on all units in manufacture?

I doubt we will ever know the answer.

Rich Dougan is the real deal.An actual McCulloch factory trained (Homelite,Pioneer,Husqvarna & Stihl too,among others) technician.Unlike so many wannabe hacks on You Tube who are pretty much clueless & are only in it for the number of views they get.Some arent bad,others are just hacks who cobble stuff together so the saw barely runs well enough to make a ''instructional'' video.

Though he's been officially retired for about 4 years now,he still puts out some actual valuable useful information quite often.Always look forward to his stuff,its sure a welcome change from so much of the drivel on there.

Normally I don't post here anymore on the Mac sticky after I was accused of being condescending a few months ago,but I feel it important to overlook that fool & tell folks here that I've been ripped off.My SP125 was stolen,along with a Pioneer Farmsaw,Homelites 450,XL-923,(with a 28 in.Mac bar),XL-902,XL-800,XL-700 (red & quite rare),XL-500,& XP-1000.I knowsome of you will think that I've "juist misplaced them".I've been putting up shelves in my barn for the past 2 months & have been going through all my saws.Needless to say I'm beside myself.I had the state police here on Sat.(6/29) & they determined that the thief used a small screwdriver to jimmy the lock on my front door of the house & let tyhemselves in that way.My garage is attached to the house.
ed, I never knew you or saw any posts to or from you from others.

I hope that ALL your saws turn up and they catch the thief. I had some guns stolen from me back in 2010 and recovered them more than 30 days later when I took serial numbers to a gun shop near me. The thief turned out to be my neighbor's 30's year old son. He spent 3+ years of a 6.5 year stretch in the Pen. Within a year of his parole, he was dead at his mom's house from an OD.

The worst part of it was in 2012 when his son was 15 and still living at grandma's house, he followed in his dad's foot steps and took 6 of my guns and other items. Sadly despite catching him, I never got my great grandpa's LC Smith Double Barrel shotgun that I inherited, nor my Ruger 22-250 back.
The boy got a juvey slap on the wrist, and I got the short end. When the cops investigated at my house, they printed and did DNA testing. Of course when they retrieved my new in the box Ruger 10-22 with my sales receipt in it in his possession, there was little doubt who the criminal was.

I definitely would suspect it is someone who knows you, or any known drug addicts near you who took your stuff to sell off for a fix.

85421 Baffle, fan was not present on the last SP125 I took apart, and not to be found on this one either.

20240725_171602.jpg

This saw (see post 49,459) came from Rich Dugan to my friend J.R. Ackley. It was sold as a runner...

On the plus side, it is an iron bore model.

20240723_174251.jpg

On the minus side, those are some pretty deep gouges.

20240725_170226.jpg

Given the overall condition of the saw I am not going to invest in having it bored (I do have a supply of +0.030" pistons on hand) but I will reassemble it with an LRB piston and hope it runs. Eventually it will go in the display since I don't have an iron bore version of the SP125 on hand yet.

Mark

Rich Dougan is the real deal.An actual McCulloch factory trained (Homelite,Pioneer,Husqvarna & Stihl too,among others) technician.Unlike so many wannabe hacks on You Tube who are pretty much clueless & are only in it for the number of views they get.Some arent bad,others are just hacks who cobble stuff together so the saw barely runs well enough to make a ''instructional'' video.

Though he's been officially retired for about 4 years now,he still puts out some actual valuable useful information quite often.Always look forward to his stuff,its sure a welcome change from so much of the drivel on there.
He's a very knowledgable and gracious person. I wish I knew what's he has forgot...

I got a question is there any suggested fuel line and pulse line replacement suggestions for a pro mac 850? expecially the fuel line it takes some funky turns in a short distance.thanks

Latest posts

Back