me again with stihl(036) Oiler Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I do some cleaning and repairing work on my Stihl 036 (disassembling all, clean all, try to understand all ;) Today I had a half hour on the Oil Pump.
It was burried in awful Oli-Dirt.
Loosing from the Case was no Problem.
I wanted to disassemble the Pump (for cleaning) but somehow I don´t know how. I have the picture with numbers on it. Please tell me how to do.
Like: You have to hit point A with a thin iron and press B out of C.
You know....like for Idiots:D

Thx a lot
Jens
oilpump.jpg

camel, i have soaked them in parts cleaner or carbcleaner and then blown them out w/ an air hose. todays gasoline can't really be used for cleaning parts anymore like you used to because of the lower octane, its to oily to cut anything:( if you can't fix it like i was talking about then you should be able to by a new one for $50US roughly. also check the hose that runs to the bar, it could be plugged or leaking. i have had those problems before on a used saw i got from someone who owed me $$$ and couldn't pay (i gave the dude a year!!!) he damaged the pump and the hose by gunning the saw without the bar and chain attached:eek: changing them out isn't all that hard, also check to see if the bar openings are plugged, and you can allways open the flow up by flipping the saw upside down and you'll see a little pic that looks like a chain cutter with a plus and minus symbol, take a small flat head screwdriver and increase the oil flow as needed. hope that helps:angel:

Camel, great post, pic and diagram...The only thing I have ever done is soak the pump in solvent and spin the gear by hand and blowing it out with air...repeat several times. If that dont work, get a new pump.

As for lower octane gas being too oily for this job, maybe that advice belongs in the (Synthetic vs Petrolium mixes thread) then one would not have to mix any 2-cycle oil with fuel if the octane is low enough (say maybe 87 octane) and you could also use the same gas for bar oil.

Can you get synthetic regular [87] octane? That would really be a hit. The cooler running would offset all of the pinging.

sooooo, have another picture out of the partlist....
It shows the possibility of disassembling a oil pump.
Nobody done it befor me?????????
Can this be real....????????

@Ryan I cleaned it with spirit and then part cleaner. It is funktioning well again....But this is not my Problem.
I want to disassemble it.
It is not more necessary, but i want to know how it works....and i dont want to destroy it....50 bucks for a new is to much for learning :)
part.jpg

glad it worked for you:) yeah $50 is to much to learn on. wish you could have posted this 2 weeks ago, i had an old one from a 036 that i had to replace, i could have sent you that one to play with:rolleyes:

ok rupedoggy, that is what i want to hear. The splint was to small, i couldnt find it under all the Dirt.
After disassembling it, there was still a lot of dirt inside it....
Fine thx for all replies....
C.

I just took my oiler off my 026 and cleaned it out. Finally got it working properly. It's only been using about 1/8 tank of oil per tank of gas and I've just about burnt up a bar. It's been like that since I bought it slightly used. Now I got it gushing out. :D

As to Camel's picture,
A- Housing where the actual pump is
B- Gear to drive pump shaft (from centrifical drive gear behind clutch).
C- A rubber cap goes here to cover the end of the shaft.
D- Housing
E- Cammed adjuster to regulate side travel of pump shaft.
F- Oil uptake (from tank)
G- Oil output to bar and chain

As the shaft spins, it moves side to side and pumps the oil.

Back