Milwaukee 12v tire inflator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
TL;DR: Highly recommended. Too convenient, you'll save time and take better care of your vehicles if you have one.

I'm adding air springs to my truck and wanted a way to air them up while on the go, but didn't want to be hauling a compressor around all the time. In steps the 12v tire inflator. Figured that if battery life became an issue I could hack together something to run the 12v tool off the truck's 12v power system a lot easier than I could an 18v inflator. Hasn't been an issue at all.

This tool has wound up being something I wish I'd gotten years ago. I have a decent compressor in my shop and enough air line to reach any of the areas a vehicle should be on my small property, but this portable inflator sure is easier than dealing with 50ft of air hose. Connect it to the valve stem, set the pressure I want the tire at, hit go, go do something else, the inflator will stop when it hits the set pressure. Switch it to the next tire, hit go again. I have a slow leak in one of my dually tires and it had no problem bringing that from 45psi up to 65psi in a few minutes. Great for everything, no more pushing the wheelbarrow with a low tire anymore. Hand truck, trailer moving dolly, all of it. I'm checking air pressure in the tires and taking better care of my vehicles, while saving time and hassle. Highly recommended.

They are convenient but from watching a friend get one last year he has experienced several tire blow outs since...you see he would just air up the tires instead of getting the leaks repaired so eventually the tire would come apart, in the middle of nowhere at 4-6pm on a friday lol

The Ridgid (Home Depot) portable inflator will work from either the rechargeable 18 volt power tool battery or with the included 12 volt lighter cord. Digital readout and automatic shut off features, but the valve chuck design could be better.

I had a Ryobi (Home Depot) inflator which, while it worked well, seemed to be a challenge to end at desired air pressure for me. Hence, I purchased the Milwaukee 2475-20 M12 12 Volt Cordless Compact Inflator. In the US $75.00 price range, it was affordable, and frankly -- to me -- has proven to be "at least several times more than I paid for it!!!". In the woods last year, a fellow put his Kubota tractor on a trailer he had brought it in, to transport machine (which broke down in woods) to a repair shop, and all four trailer tires went down to their rims! I retrieved the Milwaukee from my truck, noting that each of his tires had but between eight and ten pounds pressure! His tires had a 90-pound fill, but -- not knowing if my Milwaukee could fill all four that high -- I stopped at 50 psi. After all four tires got to this pressure, I let unit cool for a few minutes -- and ended up getting 15psi more in each tire -- now at 65psi -- before I could hear the battery was about to die! To say I was impressed would be a gross understatement! Now, I have several M12-powered tools -- e.g., M12 pruning shears , etc. -- so -- with generally two or three batteries on board -- filling perhaps anything I come across with air shan't be a challenge!
One of the best tool accessories I've ever purchased!!!!!
geo

I agree whole heartedly with your thoughts about the 18V Milwaukee tire inflator. One of the best tools I have. If I need to air down the tires on the truck when getting wood it can fill them up easily. It is a tool worth having.

Possible clarification? Milwaukee markets TWO different tire inflators. To wit, they market the "Milwaukee M18 Model 2848-20 Inflator" (~ US $170.00 on Amazon) which uses any of their M18 batteries for power. And, they market the Milwaukee 2475-20 M12 inflator which sells on Amazon for ~US $180.00, using any of their 12 volt battery line. I did a wee amount of research which pretty much suggested to me that the M12 unit is "the one to have" -- so, this was my purchase. (Like pizza or beer brands ;) -- perhaps no more than personal preference?)
Again, you commented on the M18 version, while mine is the M12. Having the Milwaukee telescoping pole lopper; their hand shears; their 6" Hatchet chain saw, and their hand loppers -- complemented by their 2727-20 chain saw with 14" and 16" bars -- I'm definitely pleased with this product line, so I'd guess with no reservations whatever that the M18 is every bit as good as the M12! I wished to make the clarification that there are two different model inflators.
geo

I bought a LokiThor ja301 combination jump starter (2500a) air compressor a few years ago, and it has served me well. It had no problems asking the tire on my F350 from 30 psi up to 70 psi Full disclosure, it did need recharged after that. I had to replace the batteries in the truck (7.3L PSD) last fall. Prior to that, I used the system to jump start the truck several times. I have since retired that system to my car, and purchased their JA401 (3750a) system for the truck. I plan on getting another JA301 for my wife's car in the near future. I wouldn't use one of these as a dedicated compressor, but for using them as intended I've been very happy with them. I splurge and buy the $30 carrying case for them as well. It keeps all the accessories together nicely.

I had a Ryobi (Home Depot) inflator which, while it worked well, seemed to be a challenge to end at desired air pressure for me. Hence, I purchased the Milwaukee 2475-20 M12 12 Volt Cordless Compact Inflator. In the US $75.00 price range, it was affordable, and frankly -- to me -- has proven to be "at least several times more than I paid for it!!!". In the woods last year, a fellow put his Kubota tractor on a trailer he had brought it in, to transport machine (which broke down in woods) to a repair shop, and all four trailer tires went down to their rims! I retrieved the Milwaukee from my truck, noting that each of his tires had but between eight and ten pounds pressure! His tires had a 90-pound fill, but -- not knowing if my Milwaukee could fill all four that high -- I stopped at 50 psi. After all four tires got to this pressure, I let unit cool for a few minutes -- and ended up getting 15psi more in each tire -- now at 65psi -- before I could hear the battery was about to die! To say I was impressed would be a gross understatement! Now, I have several M12-powered tools -- e.g., M12 pruning shears , etc. -- so -- with generally two or three batteries on board -- filling perhaps anything I come across with air shan't be a challenge!
One of the best tool accessories I've ever purchased!!!!!
geo

I bought the Ryobi 18v for a steal w battery and charger. It works ok but it takes a few/ mins. to pump up each on my truck tires and it gets hot.

Latest posts

Back