Morton, WA 1942

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's what the caption said for this picture that was posted on facebook. I may be wrong, but I think the camera was pointing east and this is a line up for log scaling? My first thought was it was the Jubilee parade but 1942 was a war year and these just don't look like they are spiffed up for a parade.

1726237560884.png

No Jubilee from 1941 to 1946. Pretty easy to get years mixed up a little, though. The shadows pretty much tell the tale. If it were early, those could be morning shadows, so, looking northerly, northeasterly? Highway 7?

My dad remembered parades during the war years in that area. His dad had a truck similar to the GMC in that area during that time. They were in the Randle area (Big Bottom) for the census in 1920 and 1930, but Dad was born in Packwood in 1933.

No Jubilee from 1941 to 1946. Pretty easy to get years mixed up a little, though. The shadows pretty much tell the tale. If it were early, those could be morning shadows, so, looking northerly, northeasterly? Highway 7?

My dad remembered parades during the war years in that area. His dad had a truck similar to the GMC in that area during that time. They were in the Randle area (Big Bottom) for the census in 1920 and 1930, but Dad was born in Packwood in 1933.
The first thing that came to mind for me was it is looking east and on the Davis lake road. But it is hard to tell.

Somebody else on facebook thought it was that road and called it the old Champion mainline.

I wonder if the bridge that no longer exists across the Cowlitz was new, then? Something else to ponder.

Back