MS180 Poor idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got a Stihl 180 rebuild with replacement longblock and adjustable carb that ran reliable until the last outing with our Scout Troop. Low idle wouldn't cooperate. I replaced fuel line thinking it's age could have cracking. No change. Intake boot is neadly new. I replaced carb with another H/L that I thought matched but unfortunately impulse line hole was offset and didn't line up. Plan on going back to fixed carb.

I've got a Stihl 180 rebuild with replacement longblock and adjustable carb that ran reliable until the last outing with our Scout Troop. Low idle wouldn't cooperate. I replaced fuel line thinking it's age could have cracking. No change. Intake boot is neadly new. I replaced carb with another H/L that I thought matched but unfortunately impulse line hole was offset and didn't line up. Plan on going back to fixed carb.
Why not just get another new carb? jmho :cool: OT

Ordered... things are cheep enough.
That's part of the problem I suspect.
Also gave me a reason to grab an old Echo 305 off the shelf. Only thing bad about it is front chain adjuster. I've converted all my Stihl to side adjust.

I've got spare carbs on the way.
I put the original Stihl fixed carb back on and it's running just fine for now. I'm reading that some of the Chinese replacement H/L adjustable carbs don't have an accelerator pump???

Back