MS260 broken mounting hole for chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya that stuff is crazy expensive and like I said if it was me I'd run it without the brake but you can buy small amounts like single rods or 3 packs for places like blue demon.

Used OEM case or new aftermarket case might be a better option.

Ya that stuff is crazy expensive and like I said if it was me I'd run it without the brake but you can buy small amounts like single rods or 3 packs for places like blue demon.

I only see 1# tubes available…Amazon, eBay, Grainger and their own online store.
$136-300+
None of the welding supplies places around here can even get it.

hampon does but there based out of Aussie so shipping would be the killer there. Maybe contact blue demon and see if they will sell smaller packs or have a distributor in the US that does.

I'm from Belgium, there's really specialized shops (one is a 2 minute drive from where I live) who can order about anything if they don't have it in stock, specifically 'pro grade' stuff, but it's probably gonna be expensive indeed.
We're trying to find a good donor saw, once we have one we'll see from there. Trying to repair the case still seems like an interesting challenge, with a case swap as 'plan B'.

'Ya"....I have a full tube of Mag rod I purchased from my LWS in Toledo, Ohio and I've had it for a while now and used some on a Dolmar with a cracked case. Mine is Stoody, not Blue Demon and I believe I paid around 130 bucks for it.

The issue with Tigging a mag case is, One, the unit must be completely disassembled, Two, the part must be squeaky clean, I mean squeaky as in no contaminates present. Three, the crack must be properly prepped and Four, You better be very proficient at Tig welding exotic alloys or your results won't be good and it takes a TIG machine with the correct attributes to do it. I don't know of anyone that offers single rods or even multiple ones, only full one pound tubes.

Back