Ms261 at louisville, ky expo....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porsche965

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Talked with my Dealer today and he said that he handled a new MS261 this past weekend at the Louisville, Ky. G.I.E. (Green Industry + Equipment) Expo. I didn't ask which booth. Overall the show was smaller than previous years.

Does anyone have this saw in their showrooms yet?

I've read that they will ship them when the MS260s are sold out. This particular dealer had a "Small Town Sale" with the community and sold over 60 chainsaws in a two day period, over 40 more units of handheld product. He is out of MS260s. He is in the top 10 Dealers in his division. His Rep is suppose to show up this Thursday. Hopefully my order will arrive very soon.

I think the 261s will be here very shortly. It would be interesting to see just how many pre-orders are in at this point. I'm in for at least one. :D

Well we don't have them yet my rep said they still had about 65 260's left before they released the 261 but they should be out pretty quick.

Talked with my Dealer today and he said that he handled a new MS261 this past weekend at the Louisville, Ky. G.I.E. (Green Industry + Equipment) Expo. I didn't ask which booth. Overall the show was smaller than previous years.

Does anyone have this saw in their showrooms yet?

I've read that they will ship them when the MS260s are sold out. This particular dealer had a "Small Town Sale" with the community and sold over 60 chainsaws in a two day period, over 40 more units of handheld product. He is out of MS260s. He is in the top 10 Dealers in his division. His Rep is suppose to show up this Thursday. Hopefully my order will arrive very soon.

I think the 261s will be here very shortly. It would be interesting to see just how many pre-orders are in at this point. I'm in for at least one. :D

were you there ?

were you there ?

I was not there but the Dealer took a few employees to the Expo. They sell power equipment as well and this show is one of the better ones I understand.

Did you get to attend?

Sure wish I would have gone though to see and feel the changes of the MS261 myself. Just have to wait a bit longer.

I was not there but the Dealer took a few employees to the Expo. They sell power equipment as well and this show is one of the better ones I understand.

Did you get to attend?

Sure wish I would have gone though to see and feel the changes of the MS261 myself. Just have to wait a bit longer.

yea i got there and back home met some deer on the way back home in the ky mountains and tn valley the gps had me on 23E in ky went into tn for just a few miles and wound up in Va on 58 321 hwy that took me into TN again later down the road on I 26 from there it went to 321 which was a mountain road i was taking my time on that road that is the road that was full of deer and curves

went onto 421 thru boone nc and down the mountain and from there to greensboro on 421 merged into 40 so in other words it had me on a straight line coming back

just had to do some mountain driving though

went right past the appalachian trail in the mountains that was something

i enjoyed it though met some nice residents of louisville and fell in love with that area i told the people i may be returning to move there found out population is much higher than what internet says well i best be going today is my bday had already alot on facebook wish me a happy bday take care
calvin

The MS261 C-Q, the double brake version is available now and the regular MS261, will be here in January. The time frame depends on which one of the 12 Stihl distributors, your local dealer is dealing with.

The MS261 C-Q, the double brake version is available now and the regular MS261, will be here in January. The time frame depends on which one of the 12 Stihl distributors, your local dealer is dealing with.

I saw my first 361C-Q a couple weeks ago. I actually think it's a pretty good idea. BTW, What's list on the MS261 C-Q?

Hey, a little off topic but I heard a rumor that stihl is coming out with a big 2-stroke backpack blower....supposedly not 4 mix? Have you heard of any of this? I kinda find it hard to believe.....

As I said earlier price varies from distributor to distributor, and so does the release date. I was just kind of shooting in the dark for pricing since we don't have any yet here in the north east.

just trying to help you guys get the info
some how i found this sight about 3 weeks ago and they had them listed then

Last edited:
yea i got there and back home met some deer on the way back home in the ky mountains and tn valley the gps had me on 23E in ky went into tn for just a few miles and wound up in Va on 58 321 hwy that took me into TN again later down the road on I 26 from there it went to 321 which was a mountain road i was taking my time on that road that is the road that was full of deer and curves

went onto 421 thru boone nc and down the mountain and from there to greensboro on 421 merged into 40 so in other words it had me on a straight line coming back

just had to do some mountain driving though

went right past the appalachian trail in the mountains that was something

i enjoyed it though met some nice residents of louisville and fell in love with that area i told the people i may be returning to move there found out population is much higher than what internet says well i best be going today is my bday had already alot on facebook wish me a happy bday take care
calvin

I tried hollerin at ya but couldnt get ahold of ya....Maybee next time:rockn:

Latest posts

Back